Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening,

As I said in my intro, I received my 2018 Speedmaster on Thursday after a courier brought it up from Newark for me.

It's got 1400 on the clock, so it's nearly new, and it looks brand new!

Took it out for the first time yesterday, and did about 60 miles on it. Beautiful machine to ride! Absolutely blown away by it. However...

I have one issue, and one concern.

I seem to have an intermittent problem on the rhs turn signals while I'm riding. Every time I stopped to check them, they were blinking perfectly, but two or three times while riding, I could see the dash light blinking fast.

Does this mean the same as it used to mean on old vehicles?

Secondly, and potentially more importantly, there appears to be quite a loud tapping sound coming from the engine, which I can hear above the V&H pipes. Surely this isn't valve noise at such low mileage? 馃

Registered
2018 Speedmaster
If you want to check for faults.

Press and hold down the "Info" button, turn ignition "on", observe window in left display until you see "dtc", as soon as you see "dtc" release the info button. A code will follow with "P" and four digits. P0000 = no faults.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

This is the first modern twin I've ever bought, so I totally accepted that the tapping noise could be normal, and it's just my ears not being used to it.

I'll have a look at the connection tonight when I get in from work.

Registered
loose connection under front of tank, takes 10 mins to pop back in, tapping noise normal
What he said. Mine did the same, the connectors are greased and come loose very easily.

Reactions: Diver

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Appreciate the help guys! Took the tank off yesterday and found the loose connection just inside the back of the headstock. Good job too, because it looked like one of the others was about to pop out too. Tricky little buggers to get hold of in that space, but all good now.

Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts