Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to get out on the Bobber today, first time on the bike since buying it, and it was a blast.
If it was warmer I’d have stayed out longer but the temp was dropping too much for my ol bones ! Lol
Got out of shape a couple of times but the bobber is so much different to my other bike, R1200RT, so I’m slowly finding my feet on the bobber.
Looking forward to getting back out there.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Managed to get out on the Bobber today, first time on the bike since buying it, and it was a blast.
If it was warmer I’d have stayed out longer but the temp was dropping too much for my ol bones ! Lol
Got out of shape a couple of times but the bobber is so much different to my other bike, R1200RT, so I’m slowly finding my feet on the bobber.
Looking forward to getting back out there.
When I got my Speedy, it took me a long time to realise that the gearing on the Bobber/Speedy is very high, and you need to be in a much lower gear than with other bikes. For example, I use the guideline, change up 1>2, 20mph; 2>3 30 mph etc... Make sure you change down at the same speeds (so 3>2 30mph, 2>1 20mph)...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also went straight from a Beemer (F800 ST) to the Bobber. In my opinion the Bobber requires more steering input (hey, it’s a cruiser style geometry after all) than the BMWs. I’ve got 300 miles on mine now, and I’m getting used to being careful about my slow speed turns. But, what a gorgeous bike! Have a great time - just be careful with those 90 degree turns from a full stop ? Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts