Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Gents,

So I'm just back from my first reasonably long ride. I rode out for two days un in the Taos area of New Mexico and explored the mountains etc. I took some basic camping gear (fitted to my new rack) and did an overnight camp.

Overall I had a great time, wonderful to be out on the road and on my own. Not sure how many miles I did but I'm guessing close to 400 or so.

What did I learn? Well the limitations of my statement seat and the low gas tank capacity are the two that stand out the most. I also need to up my camping gear and sort out some wet weather riding gear too.

I unexpectedly came up against the storm from ****, so turned around headed back a few miles and spent the afternoon hunkered in a little local bar. It was certainly an experience but the locals were great, very welcoming and I was able to get my bike/gear out of the rain. One of those little adventures:grin2:

Some incredible mountain roads, a real joy riding. Over the two days a lot of folks and bikers commented on my Bobber with quite a few were truly astonished that is was 'new', thinking instead it was a restored vintage bike. A testament to Triumphs styling. But all loved it, including the many Harley riders that commented.

Looking forward to getting geared up for a longer trip in the near future. Sorry about the poor photos, will do better next time.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
Looks like it was fun. I have bike camped for 2 decades , but not yet on the Bobber. Fuel is the biggest nuisance I found on my long trip (I won't call it a concern , because gas stations are literally everywhere in America , with a few exceptions out west) just due to stopping every 100 to 110 miles too. The statement seat looks the part , but starts making itself known after an hour or so. Easy to remedy. Glad you had a good time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Respect man, I did 250 miles yesterday and same two things stand out (fuel tank size and seat comfort). That said the ride itself was awesome, huge smile on my face the whole time. Sore butt today though ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congrats on the trip, Roy! I think the tank/seat issues are something we can all agree on. Did you add a rack to your rear fender?

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi John,

Thanks for that. Yes the limits of the seat and tank capacity are well founded so it was no surprise. Still it was a wonderful trip despite these and I'm looking forward to many more. Hopefully planning a longer trip to Arizona soon.

Yes John I have added a small rack to the fender which did a grand job of holding all my kit while still retaining the vintage look I am fond of.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts