Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took out a 2018 Bobber Black out today for a test ride.

After overcoming nerves (haven't ridden in a few years) immediate impression was throttle extremely responsive ie JEEESSSUUSS that car in front got close **** quick, couldn't believe how quick it moved, that meant a very sudden stab on the brakes, yeap, they stop no bother. Seating position is great, really comfortable, but the ride is firm, you definitely feel the bumps. Sounds bloody gorgeous. Handles really, really well didn't take to long to feel confidence coming back going into sharp corners. Tank maybe an issues, apparently I had half a tank of fuel when I left, within an hour I was on my last few miles. Lasting impression, I was smiling and laughing to myself throughout the ride, really enjoyable bike to ride. When the full confidence comes back I'm going to have a great time. If you are thinking about one, go take it out, its a blast. As soon as I got back to dealership my very first words to salesman was "I want it".:grin2:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
End of March, if they hadn't already sold the showroom model in the Dealership that day (DOH) I would have ridden out with it and left the car there.
Haha I’ve been waiting to hear about how you got on and I’m not at all surprised to learn that you’ll soon be a member of the Bobber club!

I’ve also been told that mine will arrive at the end of this month/beginning of April even though I ordered mine a month ago. I sincerely hope that doesn’t turn into May/June... I really can’t wait that long! :)

Now that I’ve read about your little encounter I feel even less inclined to wait! ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve also been told that mine will arrive at the end of this month/beginning of April even though I ordered mine a month ago. I sincerely hope that doesn’t turn into May/June... I really can’t wait that long! :)
NNNNOOOOOOOO. Don't say that. He showed me a computer spreadsheet with dates and everything.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Went to my local dealer today, There were several original Bobbers as well as the new Black. Since there seems to be a shortage in the UK I assume that Triumph exported bikes before stocking the domestic dealerships.

Chico

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke to the Dealer today, was advised it's arrived today, got to get prepped as well as getting the heated grips installed, I have today asked for the Fox shock to be fitted also. There are also a few other bits I could add, but **** too impatient to get my hands on it. Anyways, they reckon should be ready for next weekend (a week to prep and install!!!!!). Quick question, if I have added the Fox today and not at time of original bike order, they won't charge me for the labour is that right?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I spoke to the Dealer today, was advised it's arrived today, got to get prepped as well as getting the heated grips installed, I have today asked for the Fox shock to be fitted also. There are also a few other bits I could add, but **** too impatient to get my hands on it. Anyways, they reckon should be ready for next weekend (a week to prep and install!!!!!). Quick question, if I have added the Fox today and not at time of original bike order, they won't charge me for the labour is that right?
Great news... one more bad a$$ bike on the road :laugh:

I placed my order for the bike and then around a week before the bike arrived sent them a list of goodies I wanted to have fitted. I managed to get all of the labour thrown in... and a delux Triumph cover worth £95!

So long as the bikes still with them, i.e you haven’t taken delivery and ridden out the door, I really can’t see that it matters when you place the order for the bits you want... I’d have thought and would be inclined to insists that they throw in the labour regardless. In fact I only tapped them up for a free cover 2 days before I collected the bike so you might want to give that a go also :wink2:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Went to my local dealer today, There were several original Bobbers as well as the new Black. Since there seems to be a shortage in the UK I assume that Triumph exported bikes before stocking the domestic dealerships.

Chico
No shortage in Dorset UK. Bikes ready to buy in the showroom.

Congrats Mr love rocket.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Exciting!
Re. the fox shock; i can´t imagine that they will charge you labour to install it. If they do, i would firmly contest their decision & insist that they don´t. It is a relatively easy install & not time consuming at all for a professional.
I believe it was a very good choice going for the fox shock, by the way.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Exciting!
Re. the fox shock; i can´t imagine that they will charge you labour to install it. If they do, i would firmly contest their decision & insist that they don´t. It is a relatively easy install & not time consuming at all for a professional.
I believe it was a very good choice going for the fox shock, by the way.
It was the one thing that I wont say bothered me about my test ride, but I knew that after sometime the firm ride would start to rattle my cage. I had considered, waiting, collecting the bike and see what other shocks were available, but the condition of some of the roads, pot holes, speed bumps etc I had to do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts