Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this took so long but life has been busy. Here are some pix of my Bobber. On top of the high bars and short fender kit, I added the forward controls, Corbin Saddle, and Dart mini Fly Screen. Haven't been able to test the Dart out yet by should be able to this coming Wed.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, back to provide a ride report for the Dart screen. It works...up to a point. Set where I have it now, it blocks the wind completely all the way to my chin. I am 5'9" with my boots on. I took it out on the freeway and got up to 80 mph. Again, no wind hitting my chest, but I think there is a little more hitting the top of my helmet. The screen works quite well in the 60-65 mph zone, providing as much comfort as riding without at 45-50 mph. Aesthetics are unobtrusive, imo, and give the scoot a little "Sons of Anarchy" vibe. I might try to raise the screen up an inch more, but I don't want it too far above the headlight bucket. I'm still getting hit by the occasional bug, but it's a Bobber, right? Hope this helps others thinking about the screen.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Your seat reminds me of a beautiful vintage baseball glove. I like it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it too but to me, it doesn't fit the bobber. BUT I only do short pub to pub or around towns on mine.
Used to live in Santa Cruz. Love the beach and weather, don't miss other things (traffic, insane house prices, etc.). Used to bar tend at the El Palomar when I was in school. Those were the days. Corbin is not far from you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Used to live in Santa Cruz. Love the beach and weather, don't miss other things (traffic, insane house prices, etc.). Used to bar tend at the El Palomar when I was in school. Those were the days. Corbin is not far from you.
So where are you now?

·
Registered
278 Posts
For that kind of riding, the Statement would be perfect and look fantastic too. :smile2:
Has always been on the short list. Maybe should pull the trigger. You convinced me, just too many saying it was harsh but how harsh could it be with a few pints? :grin2:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So where are you now?
west michigan. my riding season is only 8 months max, but saugatuck to the mackinaw bridge is beautiful and I have great country riding all around me. can afford to have a lake cottage on a crystal clear northern glacial lake, a classic wood and mahogany boat, my bobber and indian scoots, and live in the 2nd best public school district in the state. sounds like I'm bragging, but until a couple years ago I missed central/northern CA quite a bit. now I see that I have the best of all world's in one of the fastest growing economic areas in the country. it's all good. if you own property, any property, in banana slug land, hold onto it. it will be your nest egg. if I'm back out there visiting friends, I'll drop you a line. ride safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts