Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after several weeks of research... visiting stores and trying on just about everything out there of any worth at the moment, I narrowed my choice down to two options... namely the AGV Sportmodular and Shoei’s Neotec 2.

This morning I found myself in the store all set to buy the AGV... but thought it best to try on the two front runners one last time just to be sure and the winner is... Showi’s Neotec 2!!!

I honestly thought I was going to walk/ride out wearing the AGV but after the final fitting and also them having one kitted out with the fully integrated SENA comms... the Shoei just edged ahead. It just feels more luxurious and most importantly an overall better fit. I’ve already managed to get 90 miles under my belt whilst wearing it and it’s proved to be a far nicer place to be when compared to my Bell Bullitt, somewhat unsurprisingly of course. With the Bell anything over 50-60 mph made it a very uncomfortable and a noisey place to be. Whilst wearing the Neotec I’ve caught myself riding 10-20 mph faster without realising it... testament to the Neotec being more dynamically suited to cutting through the air.

As for the comms... well I’ve got no one to link with so it really is a rather expensive means of listening to music and hearing satnav instructions but I am really impressed on the sound quality compared to all of the ear buds I’ve used over the years. Plus it will now be possible to make and receive calls which will I’m sure prove handy. I’ve never opted for a comms unit in the past because I’ve never liked the idea of them hanging off the side of the lid. But given that this is fully integrated and doesn’t stick out in anyway I’m happy. Especially in light of them knocking off £80 for buying the helmet and the comms at the same time!

Here’s some pics...

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27285&stc=1&d=1535733959

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27287&stc=1&d=1535734000

https://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=27289&stc=1&d=1535734000

Attachments

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Good choice! I have to say that while I wish my Shoei RF1200 was more of a retro style, going from my Bell Bullitt (loved the looks but, the noise, not so much) was a major improvement. Not only is it much quieter but, there’s no helmet lift at highway speed. And as far the the comms, my Sena does stick out but it’s easy to use and the sound quality is great, probably partially owing to the Shoei keeping down the wind noise. Anyway, congrats on the new lid. Sounds like it was a journey to get there but, worth it.

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
I should have mentioned that... When you buy the Sena with the helmet in the UK, you get it tax free as the helmet is considered safety equipment

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Congrats Mike.
Glad you found a comfy and great looking helmet that’s a perfect fit.
Sena make THE best comm systems.
Enjoy the luxury lining, soothing music and some short phone calls inbetween :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
When you speak to Sena, don't shout... she doesn't respond if you speak much more than normal volume...

·
Super Moderator
782 Posts
I nearly put that, but thought I'd keep it serious... It's teh reverse of Cardo Scala or their derivative for the Schuberth C3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts