Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I filter through traffic in my Bobber, I’ve noticed that my stock mirrors are exactly the same height of most cars on the road. If not for the mirrors, I could easily slide in under car mirrors. I think the stock mirrors work great except for this one area. What are those who filter doing with their mirrors? Flipping the stock mirrors? Smaller bar ends? Stalk mirrors?

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Hi kilyung,

I know what you mean. I never got on with the stock mirrors as I found they just stuck out too much for me. So I fitted some nice Speedmaster mirrors in a more traditional position and love them.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
I consider this often as well, but I also commute from Woodland Hills to North Hollywood on the 101, so as much as I don’t like the larger mirrors and their clearance, I do like having the ability to look quickly. So I’m still having the internal debate if I’m ready to sacrifice some safety for aesthetic.

I tried crg lansplitters on my Ducati, and I felt like it took me longer to glance at them, and removed after a week.

I’m possibly considering bc tracker bars with a stem mirror.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Srock ones are fine for me filtering, get well under most vans and funnily cars here in the UK, act as a nice barrier between fingers and a missed low mirror too, mught need to start a collection of collected mirrors again :p

Reactions: Great Black North

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I replaced the originals with a pair from TEC (UK) that have shorter stalks and a reduced mirror size. They also fit perfectly over the stock spacers.

https://shop.tecbikeparts.com/products/clamp-bar-end-mirror

There is a distributor in the USA too:

https://www.tecbikepartsusa.com/
How high from the end of the bar does the TEC mirror extend? I like the almost stock look of those.

For now, I’ve angled the stock mirror stalks a little more forward and rotated the mirrors themselves inward and down which effectively lowers them a little.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i'm liking the TEC mirrors too! little more streamlined and compact but still high quality.

the more i look at the stock mirrors, it reminds me somewhat of like a moose's antlers in how they curve up. or if they are mounted upside-down, it kind of resembles a ram's horns. anybody else see the resemblances? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I saw those but the TECs appear slightly different in how the round mirrors are attached to the stalks. All the Chinese knockoffs seem to have screws on the back of the mirror. The TECs look identical to the HJR Product listed mirrors.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kilyung, I'll have to measure them and get back to you, and I'll take a photo comparing the two for scale as well.
Quick shots taken this morning before leaving for work, so apologies for the quality!
The stock mirror has WD-40 on it for storage purposes, hence the greasy glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
i'm liking the TEC mirrors too! little more streamlined and compact but still high quality.

the more i look at the stock mirrors, it reminds me somewhat of like a moose's antlers in how they curve up. or if they are mounted upside-down, it kind of resembles a ram's horns. anybody else see the resemblances? :)
They remind me of a popular cartoon character...:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd really love some smaller bar ends as well, the TEC ones look nice. Do you have a picture one the bike Johnny?
Dustin,
These have been posted up elsewhere previously, but for your benefit, here they are again...:wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
@Roy (sorry to hijack this thread)
What Nm did you use to clamp down your bars?
I am using 24nm, but today my bars rolled backwards - towards me when i was out riding :(
Was not a pleasant moment, especially when doing 50kph and over 80 kilometers from home.

They are NOT pinned and I think I am going to head to triumph tomorrow to lodge a complaint and ask why mine came without pins...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went with the bar ends. For some reason the more I looked at the stock ones, the less i liked them. I am looking up what make of mirror I got, but I bought black anodized screws to replace the silver ones and screwed them right into the existing spot the end cap was with some loctite.

I bought these Motones to fill the space between the grip and the mirrors and they slotted right into it nicely. They are easily adjustable, the sightlines are great and there is no vibration

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts