Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally got here in Thailand, Piece of cake to install I made sure i bought a spring loaded center punch that made the drilling a lot easier. I really love the practicality of it, it will be so nice to strap my backpack to this and not have to wear it for days.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
maybe a leather tool bag on it :wink2:
look what I have in my cellar :grin2:

one more thing:

Reactions: MikeB and Louie

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never gave the lic plate a second thought! but now that you've put that bug in my ear!! hahaha! :laugh:

·
Registered
459 Posts
do not laugh.:wink2:
I started with the plates of my sports because the back of our plastic plate PVC is white and we only see that on motorcycles. it's ugly.:nerd:
then I used to hide the white PVC from the back of our plates and now it has become an institution.0:)
the dealer knows it.:laugh:
and before riveting the plate (obligatory in France), he passes a stroke of black paint 0:)

Reactions: MikeB

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Well it finally got here in Thailand, Piece of cake to install I made sure i bought a spring loaded center punch that made the drilling a lot easier. I really love the practicality of it, it will be so nice to strap my backpack to this and not have to wear it for days.
Your seat looks nice and ridden!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice job Louie, looks perfect

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lovely job that Louis - really in keeping with the bike. How hard was it to fix up the bolts? Is there room to get underneath the mud guard with a spanner or is there a different procedure you followed. Great looking bike!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lovely job that Louis - really in keeping with the bike. How hard was it to fix up the bolts? Is there room to get underneath the mud guard with a spanner or is there a different procedure you followed. Great looking bike!
It wasn't bad it is a little tight but very doable, you can reach your fingers in and feel around first to get an idea, what i did was mask off the fender then set the rack on top of the tape so as to not scratch the paint but also so it wouldn't slide off. I lined up the rack where i wanted it mounted drew circles on the tape thru the bolt holes then used a spring loaded center punch in the middle of the hole so the drill bit wouldn't walk, drilled the holes and bolted it down, a few swear words and 40 min later i was done easy peasy!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had my Fehling rack fitted today at my local garage, chap took the wheel out although it said on the fitting instructions it'll be enough to screw the back brackets of the fender off and push the fender up with a piece of wood. It took about an hour to fit it including sealing the drilled holes with paint etc..

We wondered at first how to mount the rack but in the end we fitted it with the "5 kg limit" label at the back. Haven't used it for luggage so far but I'd say it enhances the looks. Try to get some real rubber straps for it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts