Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody any ideas? Obviously going back to dealer but if anybody has had it I would like to know. Google doesn't know the answer. I have had the bike three weeks and not modified it at all. Normal riding conditions. Nothing similar each time it has lit up the MIL. Any info appreciated.
Yours,

One very pissed off bobber owner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those guys. I had found them but was hoping someone had the bobber service manual for the specific code. See what the dealer mechs say today....

·
Registered
787 Posts
Anybody any ideas? Obviously going back to dealer but if anybody has had it I would like to know. Google doesn't know the answer. I have had the bike three weeks and not modified it at all. Normal riding conditions. Nothing similar each time it has lit up the MIL. Any info appreciated.
Yours,

One very pissed off bobber owner.
Triumph Bobber Codes as per Haynes Manual. one is simple text the other is MS word format

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fault reset. Not returned.....yet. and the above was correct "brake correlation error" whatever that means.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey, do you know why Brits don't drink their beer cold? ...because Lucas made refrigerators too!

Sorry, couldn't resist reviving that classic electrical joke. Anyway, that's got to be frustrating. I hope the dealer makes it right for you and Triumph ponies up for a new wiring harness or whatever is necessary.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I've had it reset by dealer. Gone to triumph direct now. Way too many issues with these bikes. Not happy with it but nothing to do with dealer at all. Triumph build quality is the issue for me. Trouble is, another bobber won't be any better.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Edwoodcostin, as much as I hate to say it, it sounds like you've may gotten a lemon. I've had very few problems with mine so far (knock on wood :|)

Sometimes these kinds of problems are difficult to diagnose, being it seems to be intermittent, which are the worst to try and figure out, I would give them sometime to work through it. Not that you haven't been patient mind you. I just know what its like to be on the other side of problems like this, and frustrating doesn't begin to cover it.

I hope they get it sorted for you!

·
Registered
365 Posts
What GBN said. These are very good bikes overall. Sometimes there's just one that's not sorted. Sucks mightily and leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but even bikes three times the price have issues from time to time. Stick with it.

Reactions: Chico

·
Registered
712 Posts
This is unfortunate but I agree with the prior two posts. My Bobber Black has been amazingly reliable and trouble-free (despite my modifications and experiments") :).

-GPz/Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts