Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope everyone had a nice Father's Day. My son sent me two bottles of Single Malt that I didn't have. It's fun when father and son both enjoy Scotch. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Yah, same to all. My son bought me a couple beer glasses from a brewery, which I later broke in with a new growler from 2 Silos brewery. And he and the missus made me home made enchiladas!

·
Registered
136 Posts
three "T" shirts with vintage bikes on them (BSA) and sweets (lots of sweets) from my daughter.:laugh:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nothing bike related but my kids chose some garden lights (I must be getting old in their eyes), some chocolate and some very sweet home made cards.

Their choices in the school Father's Day bags however, were a little suspect; my lad (8) got a bag with shower gel and deodorant in, standard. My daughter (5), chose a bag with wet look styling gel (lost most of my 10+ years ago and normally wet shave my head) and a small bottle of suspiciously unrecognisable eau de toilette and by let me tell you that it's the gift that keeps on giving, a very powerful scent that is not easily forgotten.

Had a nice jambalaya for dinner though and lots of hugs throughout the day; some gifts don't cost much.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A few hours out for a ride on my own, getting home to a bottle of Rumbullion spiced rum and a nice card from my son, followed by a trip to the pub with him and my wife, then home again for a huge plate of Chilli and a nice bottle of wine, then a vodka, then a rum, then...I think you get the picture! >:):grin2:0:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
My daughter took me to the ice cream store to get a Father's Day cake. She said she wanted to get me a cake but didn't have any money. LOL I had to pay for it..I thought was sweetest/coolest thing.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
My son is a pescetarian. I don't think he would touch the beef . . . and I don't care for fish. :frown2:
We don't have a thumbs down button....:surprise: (and joking..I am sure he is way healthier than my fatness is..)

I don't care for fish much either....unless it's, well, battered and fried....

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
We don't have a thumbs down button....:surprise: (and joking..I am sure he is way healthier than my fatness is..)

Me too! Why on earth eat something that swims in it's own c**p???:surprise::surprise:

Reactions: gfspencer

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Battered and fried! That's the way to do it. So battered that you can't taste the fish. :wink2:

The last time my son and I were in Scotland we had fish and chips. Now that's the way to eat fish. :grin2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
And a Happy Fathers Day to all the Southern Hemisphere Bobberites today! ?
I was blessed to spend the day with ALL my kids for once and even got to wake up MY old man to wish him a good day - as they are staying here in their caravan ? Just like the good old days.
I must be loved as the missus ordered this for me after much one sided discussion on the topic...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was blessed to spend the day with ALL my kids for once and even got to wake up MY old man to wish him a good day - as they are staying here in their caravan ? Just like the good old days.
I must be loved as the missus ordered this for me after much one sided discussion on the topic...
Oops, here it is.
Ha ha ! I bought myself a Meerkat Black X pipe for Father’s Day
I did get spoilt with lots of other gifts from the wife and kids too

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My birthday is in two weeks. I am hoping for a good bottle of Single Malt Scotch. :grin2:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oops, here it is.
Haha - That IS funny ? Like myself, I bet you can't wait to fit it ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts