Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday, 28th Dec. 2017, I went to the Triumph Factory Visitors Experience thing in Hinckley.
I was in UK visiting friends and family during the festive season.

All I can say is; I recommend this to anyone who is passing through the UK midlands, as it represents a lot of Englands most important & proud motorcycle heritage. I had a great time there; accompanied by my best mate. An unforgettable day indeed.

I took about 85 pics or so, so I'll be sorting out the pick of the crop in the coming days; and then post them here in this thread, for those of you who may live too far away to go there.

So, I'll be back...:wink2:

mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
Last Thursday, 28th Dec. 2017, I went to the Triumph Factory Visitors Experience thing in Hinckley.
I was in UK visiting friends and family during the festive season.

All I can say is; I recommend this to anyone who is passing through the UK midlands, as it represents a lot of Englands most important & proud motorcycle heritage. I had a great time there; accompanied by my best mate. An unforgettable day indeed.

I took about 85 pics or so, so I'll be sorting out the pick of the crop in the coming days; and then post them here in this thread, for those of you who may live too far away to go there.

So, I'll be back...:wink2:

mike
WOW! WOW! :smile2::grin2: Can't wait to see the pics! Good on you, mate. Wish I could make it there but not likely.

Bring it on...

Ribkick (Stu)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm planning on going in the Spring so I'll look forward to seein your pics.

One thing I didn't consider until talking to my bike dealer about it, is that it's better to go on a weekday rather than a weekend so you can actually see the production line running. Apparently it's just video screens at the weekend.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There seems to be a problem dragging and dropping pictures in the upload box below.
They're smaller than 2MB... anyone know if there's an issue?

cheers
mike

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it seems I can't upload my pictures here anymore.
I reduced the size; to even under 1MB but the drag & drop box won't have them.
Sorry about this! :frown2:

mike

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Well it seems I can't upload my pictures here anymore.
I reduced the size; to even under 1MB but the drag & drop box won't have them.
Sorry about this! :frown2:

mike
I´ll send you a PM.
Email me the pics (in multiple emails if necessary) and i´ll host them for you via my SmugMug account.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha, seems to be working now!
First batch :grin2:

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I´ll send you a PM.
Email me the pics (in multiple emails if necessary) and i´ll host them for you via my SmugMug account.
Thanks mate, for some reason, I had to crop them a tiny bit and then reduce the size!

Cheers!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Batch 3
Here's some interesting pics of different stages of development of our beloved Bobber, including engine cutaway, clay bucks etc.

cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And last but not least, John Bloor's personal Bonnie! Apparently he still rides it...
At least while it's hanging around here, no-one can steal it...:grin2:

I must add that the actual Factory Tours will start later; in the next month or two.
So I couldn't take part in that unfortunately.
Hope you all enjoyed the pictures.

Cheers!
mike

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well we spent about 3 or 4 hours in there, with a coffee in the 1902 cafe first, walking through the various parts, doing a bit of shopping; (they've got an outlet for clothing and stuff) and some food in the cafe again afterwards.
The people there are great, food great too. Triumph are really giving us something here, and entrance to the exhibition is free!
My mate and I had a great time.

cheers!
mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great pictures there, thanks for sharing. It's a shame you couldn't do the factory tour, but a good excuse to go back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts