Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have my slash cut exhausts and need to wrap headers down to about quarter into the end cans. This is going to mean i need to somehow bypass the exhaust that goes into x pipe. Any tips on how to do it to look good?

·
Registered
117 Posts
So I have my slash cut exhausts and need to wrap headers down to about quarter into the end cans. This is going to mean i need to somehow bypass the exhaust that goes into x pipe. Any tips on how to do it to look good?
I’ll let you know next week how my attempt goes. Don’t hold your breath though, will probably look like an Egyptian mummy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just finished wrapping mine yesterday, unfortunately I'm not home right now and dont have pictures. I'll post a couple later, but it isn't so bad around the x pipe area.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not brilliant, and will have another go so, but I am loving the look.

Looks good! I really wanted to do black as well but kept hearing/seeing from others it eventually will fade to white and I'm too lazy to paint or don it again haha. Here's mine I finished about a week ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am adding the new pipes next year and I am looking at a copper\brass shade of wrapping. Keep the pics coming - you guys are getting me stoked to get it done!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good! I really wanted to do black as well but kept hearing/seeing from others it eventually will fade to white and I'm too lazy to paint or don it again haha. Here's mine I finished about a week ago.
Like the look of yours, looks proper old school. I seen a picture of someone using a white wrap after I had wrapped mine in black, had I of seen before, I could have been tempted, but I am guessing will be a bugger to keep clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts