Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wrapped the headers on their bobbers? I have black exhaust wrap and rather like the look but I am curious as to how others did it (seeing how they have the fake covers and multi pieces)

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Hi Brandon.
If you do a search (upper right hand side) - there are quite a few threads re. exhaust wraps.

Post some pics once you´ve done it :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Very nice, prolly going to wrap too, picked up a plastic bag on the way home, god it looks awful!

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Do what you want to do, man. Nobody should be telling you what you should or shouldn't do to your bike, cosmetically anyway. Quite a few guys on here have the black wrap and it looks good. I went with the titanium color from Amazon. I spent a little extra to get the kind of wrap that's made with lava rock rather than fiberglass, so it's really flexible and easy to work with. Love the way it turned out, and it's held up really well so far. I definitely recommend ordering metal zip ties off Amazon. I got 25 for like $5 vs 8 for $10 at my local auto parts store.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I must admit to not really liking header wraps except on rat bikes, but your titanium wrap does look good @ysoslo.
Thanks, man. I love the variety of Bobbers we all have on this site. That's a lot of what makes this such a great place to check in every day. Different people with different mods on different roads in different countries/states....makes it interesting and sometimes inspires or warns, depending on whether a mod worked well or not.

·
Registered
370 Posts
They weren’t originally black. I have a standard bobber not the Bobber black. I was gonna do chrome but got a crazy deal on black V&H so wanted the headers to match. But didn’t like the cost of black headers, wraps much cheaper, and honestly there’s something about the black headers that just doesn’t look good to me. They don’t look finished to me. The wrap gives it character to me.

Before wrap

2017 Triumph Bobber NYC

·
Registered
74 Posts
What do you guys do when wrapping over the ‘cover’ section of the pipe as the back is hollow/missing?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts