Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

Forgive me if I've asked this before. In regards headers/exhaust (I'm thinking of a longterm project) I note that a few chaps have fitted straight through headers (no x-pipe/cat). I like the clean, simple lines of this set up and such would fit in with my retro look.

However doesn't the computer diagnostic need the exhaust to be 'connected' (via the x-pipe) to do something (more technical than I'm aware of)..?

Or is is okay to have have something like the Delkevic headers coupled with cans run independently and not connected?

Is this not recommend or okay?

Cheers,

Roy

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am running that exhaust system and I have not had any issues with the rideability with the system. I already have 3000km on this in the past month.

·
Registered
553 Posts
On my TTR I have Arrow headers, on the bobber I run verex headers both 2 - 2 (independent pipes) on my Street Twin I use a meerkat x pipe. The independent systems are good for top end power & noise,
the x pipe is better for low/mid range grunt, losing out by a few of hp at top end, if you do not push your bike quite hard you may never notice the difference then it is down to aesthetics.
Ecu is happy whichever you choose, TuneECU is on the case & has cracked ecu so we should very soon be able to alter the map ourselves, I already have PCV on all of mine so too late for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts