Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left hand side exhaust shield (the one between the downpipe and the silencer) on my Bobber keeps loosening off with the front end popping out from behind the downpipe shield.

Despite pushing the front end snugly back under the downpipe shield clips and retightening the retaining clamp, it eventually pops back out again after a couple of weeks riding.

Anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The left hand side exhaust shield (the one between the downpipe and the silencer) on my Bobber keeps loosening off with the front end popping out from behind the downpipe shield.

Despite pushing the front end snugly back under the downpipe shield clips and retightening the retaining clamp, it eventually pops back out again after a couple of weeks riding.

Anybody else have this issue?
Mine has moved back as well and had a very slight gap. I removed my cat this weekend and thought I fixed the issue. Rode for about a week now and it's slightly moved back again and the gap is starting to appear again.

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I'd have to guess that the clamp has stretched and not applying enough clamping force, The ends where the bolt goes should just barely touch if at all. If they are touching solidly then the band part, or maybe where that band hooks to the shield, has probably been stretched. I think mine is probably right on the edge of hanging on enough (Shield clamp 2), but so far hasn't moved.

Could try adjusting the bit at the top of the band (Shield clamp 1), Hopefully that should shorten it enough to hold it in place..

It would be great if you could let us know what works,,!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ended up just having to unscrew the nut, reposition the shield, and tighten the screw back up. After a week of riding, it hasn't moved in the slightest.

Pretty easy fix. Just be sure to take your time with it and not scratch up your exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts