Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this tail tidy on Ebay and I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience of Evotech's stuff?

Initially I was put of by the height of plate as shown on the Bobber (ideally I don't want it higher than the rear hoop) but it looks like the kit comes with selection of plates that can be mounted either portrait or landscape so that shouldn't be a problem.

On the plus side the angle of the plate is good, the number plate is lit from below so unlike some I've seen you shouldn't end up with a white light shining backwards, and all in all it's very neat and tidy.

You'd still need to get an extended duel function brake/indicator harness made up but combined with Triumph's new DF lights or something similar from Rizoma or Kellermann it could be a winner.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
That actually doesn’t look bad.

I plan on eventually getting the Triumph short fender, so I don’t know what I’m going to do with the plate yet.
I’m still thinking about a side plate configuration.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I spotted that today, checked if it had already been mentioned on the forum, and here it is!
They ship different number plate mounts according to the specific country. I've just received an email reply from them about those for the UK. There's a choice of two as follows:

178mm x 178mm (approx. 7" x 7")
or
180mm x 100mm (approx. 7" x 4")

Personally, I'd like to see one with a separate, integrated, tail light mount, like the one that Motone have been promising for a few months...I might just hang on.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spotted that today, checked if it had already been mentioned on the forum, and here it is!
They ship different number plate mounts according to the specific country. I've just received an email reply from them about those for the UK. There's a choice of two as follows:

178mm x 178mm (approx. 7" x 7")
or
180mm x 100mm (approx. 7" x 4")

Personally, I'd like to see one with a separate, integrated, tail light mount, like the one that Motone have been promising for a few months...I might just hang on.
Thanks for the post. 7x4 sounds great and if there was a plug 'n' harness for duel function lights that was long enough to work with this set up I'd have my order in now but sadly there isn't!

So like you for now I'm holding on to see what Motone come up with, but I hope they make it soon as it seems like years since they first mentioned it!!! >:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the post. 7x4 sounds great and if there was a plug 'n' harness for duel function lights that was long enough to work with this set up I'd have my order in now but sadly there isn't!

So like you for now I'm holding on to see what Motone come up with, but I hope they make it soon as it seems like years since they first mentioned it!!! >:)
I'm also queuing up for the long awaited and eagerly anticipated Motone tail unit they're meant to have in the pipeline. :grin2: But its good to see other options are finally starting to roll out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts