Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Chaps,

So I've had my new Bobber Black almost two weeks now and have thus far just run some small errands around town.

This morning I said to my wife that I was just popping out to the hardware store, 20 minuets or so.....SEVEN hours later, two tanks of gas and a healthy dose of sunburn I got back home...:surprise:

But boy was that a lovely ride through the mountains.

That ever happened to you?

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Indeed it has.
And luckily there is little-to-no cell phone coverage here in the Tramuntana mountains, so my excuse of ¨i tried to call¨is iron clad :grin2:

·
Registered
82 Posts
That ever happened to you?
Not to that extreme since I would not live to report it here :laugh:, but it does feel very familiar.

Me: "I'm just going around town, will be right back..."
Two hours later, pulling up into the driveway soaking wet, brand new bike sprayed with dirt.
Wife: "Why are you wet?"
Me: "Rain shower."
Wife: "It's blue sky. There is no rain!"
Me: "Not around here..."
:)

Tom

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That happens to me all the time . . . . and especially on this particular bike. With other bikes (especially BMWs that I used to own) I would start the day with a destination in mind. I could usually tell my wife when I would be home and I was right 95% of the time. With my Boxster I just back out of the garage. I have no idea where I might go or how long I might be gone. Riding this bike makes for a new found freedom.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Gents,

Thanks for all your comments. It was a few hours before I managed to get a signal on my phone just to check in. Fortunately my wife is a good lass and only gave me a hard time over the sunburn as she has to now look after me!

The cool mountain are, gentle curves, warm sun and 'wonderful' rumbling Bobber - it just doesn't get any better.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The cool mountain are, gentle curves, warm sun and 'wonderful' rumbling Bobber - it just doesn't get any better.

Cheerio,

Roy
Sounds perfect. Totally understandable and defensible. My wife is a great sport about it but, I have to admit that without a call or text, that little adventure would be pushing my luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Not as long as that, but yes....I got the eye and talking to from the missus when I returned....."you said a hour or so, it's been 4...I was worried..."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts