Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Never - EVER! Sit on another mans bike without permission - may I remind you of Sons of Anarchy scene when he stole his girl - say no more ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think the problem lies in that those who do not own a bike, do not know how passionatly we feel about our bikes. I have never sat/touched anyone elses bike without getting permission first. Bikers know this but non bikers don't understand.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I think the problem lies in that those who do not own a bike, do not know how passionatly we feel about our bikes. I have never sat/touched anyone elses bike without getting permission first. Bikers know this but non bikers don't understand.
Nah...surely they can simply relate to it's someone else's possession. Even it's a bicycle or a little read wagon sitting there people should not you just don't touch or get into or on other people's stuff.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nah...surely they can simply relate to it's someone else's possession. Even it's a bicycle or a little read wagon sitting there people should not you just don't touch or get into or on other people's stuff.
It's differn't. To us bikers our ride is ours, it has our taste, tweaks, mods etc all incompassed into it. I have many possesions that I couldn't give a monkies about, but the bike, its my passion. I'm not a car guy, if i won the lottery tomorrow, I would probably be driving some old truck/van something practicial and wouldn't care less if anyone sat in, on it. Even if I bought myself a car that was considered a nice car again who cares, but the bikes I would have now thats a differnt story.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I was in Beverly Hills last week and saw a bunch of tourists around a convertible Lamborghini Aventator. They were practically laying over the hood and putting handprints all over the thing (gloss black). One dad even put their kid in the driver seat!?! People just have no respect for other’s belongings.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I know this is an old thread but it hit me in the old memory banks.

I have had two instances of someone sitting on one of my bikes.

#1 - The Brave

One time at a red light in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. I was on my old Triumph just loving the chance to listen to it rumble in the cool morning air and itching to twist the throttle when the light would change. This native dude walked behind me instead of in front of me in the crosswalk. It seemed weird but... Saskatoon is a weird place. Next thing I know I feel the shocks compress and he starts yelling in my ear 'rev it bro! rev it!'

I am not normally the physical type. I'm a fairly big dude so when I lose my cool I tend to do enough damage to get myself in trouble, and the recipient has never once learned any kind of lesson from it... but this guy got a full on elbow in the jaw that sent him flying off the back. Then I just dropped the clutch and got the **** out of dodge.

#2 - The cowardly

I went to a flea market* on the South shore of Montreal with the wife on my 2003 Indian Chief. When we came out loaded up with cheap imported leather doodads I saw what we all fear. The Chief was on the non-stand side. The handlegrip was smashed, and the brake lever was broken off. I freaked.

We went inside to see if they had any security cameras, and indeed they did. The footage showed three dudes who I can only assume were drunk off their heads taking turns sitting on it and the last one didn't have the leg strength to keep the beast upright and dropped it. They all ran like **** long before I came out.

I am almost sure those guys are dead now. That flea market was less than a dozen blocks from an HA clubhouse... The habit of messing with a stranger's bike would significantly shorten their lifespan in that neighborhood

*Flea market might be a local term. Also known as a "Dirt Mall" in Western Canada. Not sure about on the EU side. -- Essentially a warehouse with a dirt floor and a bunch of stands where people sell cheap junk at cheap junk prices, and most of the people selling stuff smell like cheap beer instead of smoke and spices. And often have stuff they may not know the actual value of.

Basically dirty biker heaven...

·
Registered
22 Posts
... well today I can officially say that I have!

I was sat having a coffee outside a local restaurant with the bike parked behind me and approx 40 metres away, when all of a sudden two ladies who had obviously noted my lid on the table said, “excuse me, is that your bike over there, if so someone is sat on it”. I looked around just in time to see a guy climbing off of it and slowly walking away with 3 other people. I jumped up, said thanks to the ladies and wondered out. They were just opening the doors to their car so I asked why the **** did you sit on my bike? It appeared to be father and son and grand parents. The father put his hands up and said I’m sorry, I told him to. Know I’m certainly no meat head fighter type but I have to say that I was absolutely livid... which my more than colourful words no doubt let on.

Truth is I can hardly remember what I said but when the lad who had sat on it said with a smile on his face, I thought it was for show... I really did to my own surprise lose my cool.

I can’t believe someone could be so stupid... would they jump into a car if the door was left open of into a convertible if the roof was down... I very much doubt it.

Anyone else encountered such lunacy?
In 1974 ,when I was 19 ,someone was sitting on my bike and I hit him in the head with my helmet .It was a Honda 750 .I always thought ,they don't sit on harleys, cause they know the guy would mess them up. I bought a Bilt half cover for my bobber. It covers handle bars ,gas tank ,and seat.I do no think ,they will sit on it if they can't put their hands on the bars.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts