Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have finished all my mods
led rear light/indicators, led front indicators, all work fine, small pod air filters and I have caped of the holes in the top of the airbox, fitted trickle charger cable, x-pipe, shoe mudguards and a few other visual mods, everything works as it should but I now have the engine light on, os this to do with the trident pipes and x-pipe or something else?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I did the turn signals ,baak tail tidy ,air box removal and power commander v. After 2500 with these mods ,my abs ,tc ,and check engine light come on here and there. My dealer said leave ,they will work on it and try to fix it. Then he says "oh u have PC V , U voided warranty ". I said after 2500 miles the lights just now come on? he says I got lucky. He says he has fastest triumph in tampa ,fl and he does not have PC V. He says they are not compatible with triumphs,i wasted my money. I did not buy a triumph bobber to go fast. I used to race Kawi"s . I have Delkovic exhaust ,i have not put on yet . Just can't leave my bikes alone .I have Ohlins shock and Ohlins fork kit and Brembo front brake upgrade. I cruise slow then get it in the corners. I have 3200 miles on the most expensive bike ,I ever bought in my 66 yrs and he says my warranty is shot for doing what everybody does , de-restrict the bike. I read that if u do not ride alot ,these lights come on cause ECU senses low-voltage. I rode every day and , I thought it was fixed ,but now the lights come on after 2 miles.

·
Registered
780 Posts
led rear light/indicators, led front indicators, all work fine, small pod air filters and I have caped of the holes in the top of the airbox, fitted trickle charger cable, x-pipe, shoe mudguards and a few other visual mods, everything works as it should but I now have the engine light on, os this to do with the trident pipes and x-pipe or something else? View attachment 44418
Looks great!! How much did you cut off that rear fender? Looks like the perfect length. Do you have DealerTool or TuneECU to read the engine light cause?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I did the turn signals ,baak tail tidy ,air box removal and power commander v. After 2500 with these mods ,my abs ,tc ,and check engine light come on here and there. My dealer said leave ,they will work on it and try to fix it. Then he says "oh u have PC V , U voided warranty ". I said after 2500 miles the lights just now come on? he says I got lucky. He says he has fastest triumph in tampa ,fl and he does not have PC V. He says they are not compatible with triumphs,i wasted my money. I did not buy a triumph bobber to go fast. I used to race Kawi"s . I have Delkovic exhaust ,i have not put on yet . Just can't leave my bikes alone .I have Ohlins shock and Ohlins fork kit and Brembo front brake upgrade. I cruise slow then get it in the corners. I have 3200 miles on the most expensive bike ,I ever bought in my 66 yrs and he says my warranty is shot for doing what everybody does , de-restrict the bike. I read that if u do not ride alot ,these lights come on cause ECU senses low-voltage. I rode every day and , I thought it was fixed ,but now the lights come on after 2 miles.
I have PCV on my 2018 Bobber Black. Did you fit O2 sensor eliminators? I had CELs until I fitted them. Now 2k miles later, I’ve never seen the CEL again.

·
Registered
563 Posts
led rear light/indicators, led front indicators, all work fine, small pod air filters and I have caped of the holes in the top of the airbox, fitted trickle charger cable, x-pipe, shoe mudguards and a few other visual mods, everything works as it should but I now have the engine light on, os this to do with the trident pipes and x-pipe or something else? View attachment 44418
did you remove or disconnect the air temp sensor in the airbox? Could be the reason for your code if you did. Need to read the code and see what is triggering the light.

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
180 Posts
Press and hold down the "Info" button, turn ignition "on", observe window in left display until you see "dtc", release the info button as soon as you see "dtc". A code will follow with "P" and four digits. P0000 = no faults.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
I also have the same combination x-pipe and trident exhaust, had no engine light on experience. Probably it has something to do with your air temp sensor from the air box delete.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Press and hold down the "Info" button, turn ignition "on", observe window in left display until you see "dtc", release the info button as soon as you see "dtc". A code will follow with "P" and four digits. P0000 = no faults.
Did work in speedmaster 2020?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts