Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garage weather today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Very Nice! I had ordered those when I ordered the bike back in December but when the bike arrived I opted to stay with the silver covers.I may go with them after seeing this! Def want the black sprocket cover.

Looks great!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Woult it not be cheaper to just paint the ones you have?

Also, I do not get why Triumph does not let us upgrade things when ordering a new one and deduct the cost of whatever we do not need. Who needs two pairs of theese for example? Just charge for the paint...
The same with exhaust, have no need for a second pair.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's all about the money... I agree with you though. Same thing happened to me when I first went to the Triumph Dealer. The bike of $12,150 became $15,200. I was like how did you get to $15,200.

We put white wall tires and a seat on the bike was their reply.

So I asked, doesnt the bike come with a seat and tires... Yes it does they replied.

So, I have to pay for the stock seat you removed, and the stock tires you removed, and the new ones. Sign me up... NOT

Plus they were adding other ****. Assembly, Shipping, Etc.

I went to another dealership and bought the competition green for $13,900 Out the Door...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks Nice, how long/complicated was the install?
I think it took 2 hours without instructions. I had some problem with the clutch so i had to remove the left side one extra time.
Hmmm.... If renovating a gearbox is 10 and changing the seat is 1 on a scale i would say 6-7.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That puts it into perspective. Thanks for the information. In other words, don't tackle this unless your performing regular maintenance on your bikes. Oil changes, Chain Maintenance etc.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I think it took 2 hours without instructions. I had some problem with the clutch so i had to remove the left side one extra time.
Hmmm.... If renovating a gearbox is 10 and changing the seat is 1 on a scale i would say 6-7.
That's high rating to do these (6-7) if renovating a gearbox is a 10. By renovating do mean pulling the entire trans and rebuilding it? That seems like it would be a 100 compared to changing the covers.

Looks great!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've just had the Triumph engine cases installed, and there's an issue with shade match.
The new cases are more of a charcoal colour and do not match the crankcase black.
When they were installed the Triumph dealer said the shade might change and match better with use - the reasoning being that heating up the cases might have an effect on the paint!
Not sure if that would be the case, but as the bike is booked in again early June to have the high handlebars fitted, they said they would have another look then, and if not matching then, they will raise a warranty claim.
Has anyone else had this issue?

Have a look at the picture, and tell me if I'm right or just being picky.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Looks like it has a hint of gun metal grey mixed it, but I had to really look at it to tell. Still think it looks good! The caps on the jugs are a gunmetal grey.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts