Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Gents,

From the results of the excellent poll/thread on how old we all are it's pretty clear that a good number of us have been on bikes for some years now. That likely means some of us were young bikers up to crazy things and it's probably a miracle we made it this far (I know many of my friends didn't).

So what embarrassing photos or stories do you have from your youth on bikes?

Here's a pic of me around 20 or so. I remember those jeans well, I was so annoyed with the emergency room nurses cutting up my jeans after an accident and subsequent ambulance ride to casualty that I ended up lust lacing them up for easy access to any injury. Which I'm afraid to say actually got to put into practice on more than one occasion.

I could probably fill a thread on my own with embarrassing stories, so you guys must have a few:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Okay Gents,

From the results of the excellent poll/thread on how old we all are it's pretty clear that a good number of us have been on bikes for some years now. That likely means some of us were young bikers up to crazy things and it's probably a miracle we made it this far (I know many of my friends didn't).

So what embarrassing photos or stories do you have from your youth on bikes?

Here's a pic of me around 20 or so. I remember those jeans well, I was so annoyed with the emergency room nurses cutting up my jeans after an accident and subsequent ambulance ride to casualty that I ended up lust lacing them up for easy access to any injury. Which I'm afraid to say actually got to put into practice on more than one occasion.

I could probably fill a thread on my own with embarrassing stories, so you guys must have a few:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
Those jeans would be trendy now. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tug,

Don't worry mate just put the 'kettle' on and have a brew...! Okay I couldn't resist that..:grin2:

I think we've all been that mate. I dropped an XT250 on a gravel corner once while rushing to a hot date, didn't even notice my injuries. So I sat down in the pub quite chuffed as this girl had finally agreed to meet me for a drink and she said "what's all that blood coming through your jeans"..:surprise:

Just gravel rash on my hip but I didn't get a second date..:crying:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those jeans would be trendy now. :laugh:
Hi gfs,

Yes, I loved my scruffy jeans. I'm a dab hand at sewing too, so the patching kept me busy. I can't say I was very sensible/practical in what I wore back them, it was all about being the coolest - but boy did we have some fun back then. I think our motto was 'bikes, birds and booze'...:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
No photographs, but my RD200DX with Yokohama plastic tyres that let go the front end, and the front disc that did nothing in the wet... Jeez, I still can't believe how good they are now...

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Ouch....:crying:

I think we have all been there mate.

I'm really careful these days but I can still remember that 'crunch' having walking away from ones bike, un-notices on that slight downward angle, only after a few steps to hear that horrible sound of it falling over.

Cheerio,

Roy
Yah, I had a full post on it. I actually tried to catch it and it drove me to the ground, still dealing with thumb pain from it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
Ouch!! I did the same thing but only bent the shift lever and scratched the little cover nearby and the mirror bracket. ?
Yah, scratched the mirror arm, and mirror edge, and dented the inner part of my Gasser pipe (very small). It push exhaust against a frame weld. Bent the bar ever so slightly, replaced with a BB one.

·
Super Moderator
771 Posts
I did it twice on my Kwak GTR1000's (Concours) The bummer there was it always bust the chocolate alloy they used for the peg mount... New peg every time....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I was pretty embarrassed when I didn't fully extend my kickstand and the bike fell over, denting the tank.....
Yeah, most of us have been there, done that. Mine was with my Indian Scout on a multi-day ride in Southern Oregon. Sort of in the middle of nowhere and stopped to get a great photo. Kickstand wasn’t locked in and she started to tip. I was still holding it and since it was past the point of no return I just eased it down. No damage except to my pride. :surprise: Had to wait for a car to come by to help me lift it. Not quite as embarrassing as my friend who when riding with a bunch of us stopped at a light and it mysteriously went down. Cars were all behind us and looking and pointing. We (all his “friends”), were just sort of laughing. :smile2: Same friend dropped it on his foot in the parking lot when he wasn’t even moving but looking at the dreaded cellphone. Let’s say say there was no laughing then. :frown2:

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I was pretty embarrassed when I didn't fully extend my kickstand and the bike fell over, denting the tank.....
I rode up to a stop sign and fell over. :surprise: I didn't have a camera handy so no pictures. I had to replace the plastic on a Ducati 748. That wasn't cheap. :frown2:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts