Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just thought I would post about a problem I have with my bobber.It started a couple of weeks ago I called at local petrol station fuelled up then reset my trip and set off after a mile or so I noticed my trip wasn’t working still on 0 miles then my abs warning light came on followed by the spanner symbol then I lost indicators and brake light then it just cut out and wouldn’t start got relayed to dealer who said it showed no fault codes but thought it could have been the power cable to speedo wasn’t connected properly (had been replaced a couple of months ago under warranty) so anyhow all seemed good.The following week I filled up again reset trip and set off again the trip failed to work and fearing the worst I returned bike to dealer who’s going to contact the factory as they haven’t come across this before anyone else had any issues similar to these.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having trouble, but thanks for letting us know. Please keep us in the loop once you hear back from Triumph about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Feel for you. They have really done a shabby job with the electrical system. Personally I feel it's sometimes due to water ingress as I have used mine in all weather's and had several issues. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Next step is a new loom, the electrics on mine have been awful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That’s why I got rid of my Speedmaster very similar issues , let me down in Europe and had to be recovered back to the UK .

Problems with the battery showing flat then starting , delays with it turning over on pressing the start switch and finally my indicators went on the day I was taking it into the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi all just a quick update the dealer changed the speedo hoping it would cure the problem which it unfortunately did not whilst on the lift the mechanic noticed oil leaking down the wiring harness over the regulator/rectifier which he seems to think is the problem in the mean time I’ve test rode a speed triple and am considering trading my bobber in

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the bobber needed a regulator/rectifier and a new alternator all sorted under warranty sadly I traded it in for a speed triple after they lent me one as a loan bike whilst mine was in for repair after two weeks on it I was hooked and they had a lovely 2018 speed triple s in with only 800 miles on so the deal was done anyhow enjoyed my time with the bobber just the last few issues I’ve had I lost faith in it

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My new speed triple s

Here you go a pic of my speed triple it’s a 2017 model that was registered in 2018 the previous owner only did 800 miles on it over 8 months so it’s only just run in did 300 miles on it over the last weekend planning a few mods over the winter and a run to Scotland on it next year and then over to the tt hopefully thanks for the interest will stay on the forum to see what you are all doing to your bobbers

Cheers Andy

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all just thought I would post about a problem I have with my bobber.It started a couple of weeks ago I called at local petrol station fuelled up then reset my trip and set off after a mile or so I noticed my trip wasn’t working still on 0 miles then my abs warning light came on followed by the spanner symbol then I lost indicators and brake light then it just cut out and wouldn’t start got relayed to dealer who said it showed no fault codes but thought it could have been the power cable to speedo wasn’t connected properly (had been replaced a couple of months ago under warranty) so anyhow all seemed good.The following week I filled up again reset trip and set off again the trip failed to work and fearing the worst I returned bike to dealer who’s going to contact the factory as they haven’t come across this before anyone else had any issues similar to these.

Cheers
Mine with less than 2500 miles on it 3 lights stay on. ABS ,TTc ,engine light and wrench icon. Now fuel gage and miles to empty do not work .Tune ECU does not shut off wrench or lights ,have 3 error codes. When it 1st happened ,I went to dealer .He said leave it but ,that ,I had voided warranty ,cause after my 500 mile oil change ,I had installed PCV V in ,cause Down the road I am installing A Delkovic exhaust .Basically he said PCV does not work on Triumphs ,and I should let them modify my bike .I have had jap bikes my whole life and every one always installed jet kits, We never voided warranty. They are like car dealership ,trying to get every dime they can out of you .Bike runs fine, just scared to drive with these stupid lights on. I had not had a bike in 18 yrs. I am 66 .So ,I buy a bike thats slower than japanese and costs twice as much and is made in Thailand ! So ,upset .I bought suspension parts ,brakes , tail light mods ,turn signals ,exhaust ,PCV .Maybe $3000 ,and bike is screwed up and not from anything ,I have done. I used to race bikes .My father was a mechanic . I know what , I am doing. But these new bikes have too much electronics. I think so you have to pay them to turn idiot lights off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts