Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had an issue with the bike not starting when it is hot? I ride for about 30 minutes, put gas in it and then with the key on, the speedo does it's sweep and you can hear the fuel pump energize but with the side stand up and the clutch in when you push the start button --- nothing. What I do is start over, key out, side stand back down and do the start procedure again. Usually on the 3 try it goes. It never has left me stranded and it always starts from cold. I doubt it's a problem specific to just the Bobber. It only does this every 3rd or 4th ride. There is nothing worse than an intermittent electrical issue. I took it to the dealer and of course it was fine.
I insisted they re-flash the bike's computer so we will see if it cures the problem

love the Bobber

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Its been well over 35 degrees celcius here in Mallorca - and i have not experienced this issue ever, be it on long trips or short rides to the nearest city.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Its been well over 35 degrees celcius here in Mallorca - and i have not experienced this issue ever, be it on long trips or short rides to the nearest city.

My last ride was 650 miles in 105 F heat. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya... let's hope it was just an anomaly. I will get some seat time today and tomorrow, I think the reflashing of the ECU may have helped

·
Registered
170 Posts
these try of problems are scary. my experience with 4 Triumph dealers, with a similar problem on a Thunderbird, over several months was not good. none of them could fix it. eventually the problem went away on its own.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts