Triumph Bobber Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
139 Posts
Mr172, how do you use the oil. I'm guessing pour a few drops in ear canal??
Drops under the tongue or if you vape you can buy the vape version that is supposed to be better absorbed and more effective. Number of drops depends on the mg you have. I use 500mg and take 10-12 drops right before going to sleep. But you may need more or less depending on weight, or pain level ect.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Traveller, it's not any kind of pain, just bothersome. I'm sure going to look into it. I didn't know anything like this was available. I've tried pills and no results. I'm a believer in the cream for sore joints and muscles

·
Registered
2018 Speedmaster
139 Posts
Traveller, it's not any kind of pain, just bothersome. I'm sure going to look into it. I didn't know anything like this was available. I've tried pills and no results. I'm a believer in the cream for sore joints and muscles
I have all kinds of back and joint problems so that is the main reason I take it. The help with tinnitus was just a bonus.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Lost an argument with the wife... ended up in Specsavers for a hearing check... turns out that factory work and 50 years of riding bikes has buggered my hearing to the tune of 80% loss of high frequency sounds and tinnitus to compound things... £1700 later and I can hear again and the tinnitus has receded... ear plugs on the bike now all the time... you know it makes sense... get on em

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Lost an argument with the wife... ended up in Specsavers for a hearing check... turns out that factory work and 50 years of riding bikes has buggered my hearing to the tune of 80% loss of high frequency sounds and tinnitus to compound things... £1700 later and I can hear again and the tinnitus has receded... ear plugs on the bike now all the time... you know it makes sense... get on em
Good for you. Really no biggie to lose that argument. IMO you’ll be way better off for it because as you’ve already experienced, by the time you realize the loss, you can’t get it back without some tech help. Unfortunately, it’s one of the slow build things that catches you by surprise (not a good surprise, either). Some decent 25+ dollar or euro plugs are worth their weight in gold. Wish I had realized that years ago.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Yep, you only get one set of hearing, look after it.

That said -

Round town or out for a bimble - I usually dont wear plugs at all.
Anything to do withj Motorways or periods of ...ahem..high speed - plugs always.
Touring - Bluetooth earmoulds - can hear the satnav fine, music if i want and....annoyingly also the passenger and anyone else in the group on the 'net.

Reactions: Donner

·
Registered
765 Posts
Guess it depends , you want to be able to hear a Hybrid in your blind spot and don't mind a little ear ringing then don't wear them. If you do want undamaged hearing earplugs may delay the inevitable ravages of time on the eardrum. I sometimes just wear earbuds without music on, it helps to annoy my wife when she calls while im riding (REVVVV).
Oh and it does let in a little more sound, i personally feel safer as hearing is a good part of the safety margin on a bike. However my brother is almost deaf and rides just fine so to each there own.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found that my deafness was causing friction in the household... telly volume up to no 14 not hearing the missus, mishearing other people, and most importantly not hearing what my buddies were saying to me in a crowded bar...😛🤣 to be honest, my hearing loss was quite severe... years of heavy plant and factory work and riding bikes since I was 15 have taken their toll... the tinnitus was becoming very distracting and as others will attest, not something you can put up with... so now I wear hearing aids or plugs while on the bike (the aids won't fit under the helmet)
Hearing is as important to me as my sight... no hearing means no music, no birdsong, no conversations, just silence... if thats your bag... go for it...

·
Registered
295 Posts
I've been using Senner silicone earplugs with a solid filter. Very effective and comfortable. They come with an aluminium container to keep them in.

I've just tried some Alpine Moto Race plugs. They do tour and race versions. The race are meant to be quieter and are slightly cheaper. They have a soft centre so need an applicator to put them in. It's just a small tube. First impressions are good. They're comfortable, at motorway speeds wind noise is down to an acceptable level. They come with a soft pouch for storage.

Between the two there's little to choose in terms of performance. Both are easy to put in and take out. Both allow you to hear traffic very well. Both reduce wind noise to a similar degree. Both came via Amazon. The Senners were £22, the Alpines £12.86.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts