Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a general rule I would never criticise anyone else's mods, as Triumph say 'Go Your Own Way' but this has to be the exception to that rule...I've got to ask WHY???

For those of sensitive dispersion don't watch this video, as it will likely upset you! :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
He should have got ANYTHING rather than butcher a Bobber like that.
But to each their own and if he’s happy, then that’s what really matters.

Truthfully, I’d be more concerned for his passenger’s safety; Bobbers are not built for two. Heck, I had to change all the suspension & brakes just for it to be able to handle me !

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hmmm ??. Well, not something I would ever do. Seems to defeat the whole point of buying a bobber. I just love the single raised seat with the hidden rear shock, stripped down aesthetic to bare essentials. Since I do almost all my rides solo, I also appreciate never having to make excuses for why I can’t accommodate a passenger. Then again, it’s not my bike, it’s his.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Whoever engineered it has a very mechanical mind.

Too bad he forgot to wind it up before inventing this abortion.

-GPz/Gary

·
Registered
32 Posts
The only words I understand in that video is "Bobber" and "crap" which is mentioned a lot haha.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh god. Oh god, oh god, oh god. This is fucking hideous. If you wanted that, why not go Sportster 1200? It ALREADY has a hard tail that has that exact seat.

Imagine having this and anything but a hard tail and hitting a rough road. Imagine having this, and even if it moved, having the stock rear mono shock. I can support a lot of stuff, but this is like buying a 9 ton John Deer hay bailer for your Prius or Smart car. You're fucking your **** up for no point, fam.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I though the whole idea of the Bobber was to be able to ride solo, if you want a passenger seat, hmmm let me think Speedmaster comes into mind. WHY!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yesterday I was reading Triumph, The Art of the Motorcycle. (A very nice "coffee table book".) They showed an old Triumph with a pillion pad bolted directly to the rear fender. I guess a dual seat Bobber is not a completely new idea. :|

·
Super Moderator
828 Posts
Yesterday I was reading Triumph, The Art of the Motorcycle. (A very nice "coffee table book".) They showed an old Triumph with a pillion pad bolted directly to the rear fender. I guess a dual seat Bobber is not a completely new idea. :|
Standard fare in the late 40's early 50's on brit bikes. But that was when MUDGUARDS :grin2: were mudguards. A mate who was a year or two older than me (about 1970 ish) had a Sunbeam S7 in green... Beautiful thing, I went out pillion with him, sitting on the pad... He did a brisk acceleration, I slid off the pad and finished up sitting on Joseph Lucas's tail light/plate bracket fitting. He knew he needed to stop, because my feet were in his arm pits...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts