Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
The previous owner fittes the US spec lights to my Bobber, so will run with those 'in ignorance' until I get my collar felt. I have the original tail and associated lights and plate holder if I need to revert to stock.

Will defnitely be checking the EU spec ones out though, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi All,

I see at long last Triumph have added an EU spec (flashing amber rather than US spec red) duel function rear indicators to their accessories catalogue, which should come in handy for those running the short rear fender. :grin2:
Annoyingly World of triumph don't have any information yet, do you have a part number or link to the source?

·
Registered
153 Posts
So you did.

I might have to sell my US spec versions to someone on here and buy the EU ones - keep it legal.

Interesting that one of the bigger Triumph dealers knew nothing about it.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They look nice, but they don't look like they're LED, which is a bummer.
I'd be surprised if they're not, I think Triumph did them as a new option for the new Speed Twin. Why would they make LED for the front but not for the back when LED's are cheaper to make than bulbs?

Plus the stock OEM indicators on the Bobber, Bobber Black, and Speedmaster all LEDs sealed units too, as stated in the owners handbook p104?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi All,

I see at long last Triumph have added an EU spec (flashing amber rather than US spec red) duel function rear indicators to their accessories catalogue, which should come in handy for those running the short rear fender. :grin2:
I think many of us have been wishing for this, but from what I read on the AU triumph site I'm not quite as hopeful. All I could glean...
"MULTIFUNCTION LAMPS D40 PART NUMBER: A9830140 A set of classic bullet-style multi-function lamps which house both rear light and indicator functionality, featuring a turned aluminium bezel, gloss black body."

From the description how do you know it's EU spec? Just the pairing with EU short fronts? I assume D40 is mm diameter, so smaller than the D64 indicators and US multifunctions. So far, so good... but it doesn't mention brake as part of its multifunction, is quite a bit cheaper than the US multifunction and only take 18mins to install opposed to 25mins :|
I'm really, really hoping for a 40mm LED multifunction that is tail, turn and brake for AU$250, but right now I'm not really convinced.

Found a listing on UK eBay too, but no further info was included. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Triumph-Multifunction-Rear-Lights-Short-D40-A9830140-/143158151887

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think many of us have been wishing for this, but from what I read on the AU triumph site I'm not quite as hopeful. All I could glean...
"MULTIFUNCTION LAMPS D40 PART NUMBER: A9830140 A set of classic bullet-style multi-function lamps which house both rear light and indicator functionality, featuring a turned aluminium bezel, gloss black body."

From the description how do you know it's EU spec? Just the pairing with EU short fronts? I assume D40 is mm diameter, so smaller than the D64 indicators and US multifunctions. So far, so good... but it doesn't mention brake as part of its multifunction, is quite a bit cheaper than the US multifunction and only take 18mins to install opposed to 25mins :|
I'm really, really hoping for a 40mm LED multifunction that is tail, turn and brake for AU$250, but right now I'm not really convinced.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Triumph-Multifunction-Rear-Lights-Short-D40-A9830140-/143158151887
I'm pretty sure they're the same as the factory option for the Speed Twin (see photo). How do I know they're EU spec I don't for certain but it's an educated guess as Triumph have removed virtually all the non-EU spec Bobber parts from their UK configurator. They're no longer showing the Vance & Hines US Spec Exhaust, the short mudguard with the side mount for a plate, or the US spec Duel Function rear lights. They do still have the short US spec front indicators but I'm guessing they also comply with EU regulations.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're the same as the factory option for the Speed Twin (see photo). How do I know they're EU spec I don't for certain but it's an educated guess as Triumph have removed virtually all the non-EU spec Bobber parts from their UK configurator. They're no longer showing the Vance & Hines US Spec Exhaust, the short mudguard with the side mount for a plate, or the US spec Duel Function rear lights. They do still have the short US spec front indicators but I'm guessing they also comply with EU regulations.
Cool! We still have the US spec stuff listed too on the Australian one, so it becomes hard to tell with such vague product descriptions. So I sent this question to the eBay store in the link, PerformanceTriumphChelt:
"Hi, these are listed as D40 Multifunction rear lights... is that a 40mm LED multifunction that includes brake, amber turn and running tail light? Thanks in advance!"
This was the reply:
"Hi, yes these multifunction D40 LED lights have the indicators and brak lights combined."

So, between your deductions, and their reply, I'm allowing myself to get excited about your find now. Less expensive than Rizoma or the Kellermann options I've been looking at, will match with the glossy black short tail fixture and more install friendly.
Seems like a winner. Thanks for finding and sharing! You rock!! :grin2:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, between your deductions, and their reply, I'm allowing myself to get excited about your find now. Less expensive than Rizoma or the Kellermann options I've been looking at, will match with the glossy black short tail fixture and more install friendly.
Seems like a winner. :grin2:
Hey Trace, did you go for it, if so were they as we thought EU spec?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Trace, did you go for it, if so were they as we thought EU spec?
Someone was too quick for me and snatched up the EBay ones while I was procrastinating on whether they were really what we hoped they were :crying:
Triumph Australia are still awaiting a slow boat from England for stock and don't believe they'll fit the Bobber despite the configurator as their database only shows that product number fitting Scrambler, Speed Twin and Street Twin....
So now I'm waiting on a more expensive "kit" on back order at Fowlers. I suspect the "kit" may include the multifunction wiring harness that I already have installed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Someone was too quick for me and snatched up the EBay ones while I was procrastinating on whether they were really what we hoped they were :crying:
Triumph Australia are still awaiting a slow boat from England for stock and don't believe they'll fit the Bobber despite the configurator as their database only shows that product number fitting Scrambler, Speed Twin and Street Twin....
So now I'm waiting on a more expensive "kit" on back order at Fowlers. I suspect the "kit" may include the multifunction wiring harness that I already have installed.
Fowlers Bristol? I'd offer to drop it round but I've got to pick the kids up from school and the round trip might be a bit long

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Fingers crossed they are as we all hope they are - integrated running, indicator and brake light all based on LED.

But I have to say... as a Bobber Black owner I could live without the silver bezel, although I could always have them sprayed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dunno, I'm just local to Fowlers and fancy a trip to Queensland.
Can't fault you for that!

I think with the help of Free Spirits adaptors they'd work really well the British Legends Tail-Tidy, I must say if they are EU spec I'm really tempted! >:)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts