Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FreeSpirits have released the dual hub for the Bobber:

https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/triumph/news/dual-disc-front-hub-for-triumph-bobber.html

Despite the amount of labour and research I´m sure they have committed to this product, the final outlay to complete this mod will be VERY expensive.

Apart from the hub (i estimate roughly 490 euros) you´ll have to buy a single RHS disc (or uprated disc pair @ 750 euros from them) a T120 lower fork leg @ 350 euros, a RHS brake caliper @ 530 and a brake line kit @ cost unknown. All this plus mounting by a qualified mechanic (I guess the brakes will need bleeding too).
Thats 2120 euros / 2400 USD plus the brake line kit to install a RHS brake with the same 2 piston caliper, not including shipping or install costs.

Its great that they have produced an option for those who really need a twin brake set up. But for me, it seems excessive and detracts from the vintage look of the Bobber.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A picture of it (plus discs) on a Bobber would have been nice. Personally I'm not convinced about it detracting from the look too much since the bike is already a modern take on a classic look. I do think it could work with other tasteful mods and would like to see it.

For that price tag though? I'll pass.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the Bobber needs a higher quality disc caliper paired with a very good brake lever/master cylinder to give better feel & two fingered braking.
I am interested to see if the Matris F15K suspension will improve the feel of the standard brakes by offering less dive and improved handling.
I already have the FreeSpirits uprated disc and floating bracket.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A picture of it (plus discs) on a Bobber would have been nice. Personally I'm not convinced about it detracting from the look too much since the bike is already a modern take on a classic look. I do think it could work with other tasteful mods and would like to see it.

For that price tag though? I'll pass.
True. It would certainly not be a deal breaker with 2 discs and i imagine that if Triumph released the bike from the beginning like that noone would have asked for a single disc >:) or said anything negative. But it is what it is and like you, i will pass on spending $2500 for the pleasure of one more disc. I will try other upgrades first.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm hoping it might become a Triumph option since that "Bobber" with a pillion seat that has been spied has twin discs. If not then a caliper upgrade looks like the way to go.

·
Registered
590 Posts
My mate at Pretech produces a 6 pot caliper that fits stock disc, and very shortly will have made one for me to bolt straight on with 340mm disc without adaptor bracket.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mate at Pretech produces a 6 pot caliper that fits stock disc, and very shortly will have made one for me to bolt straight on with 340mm disc without adaptor bracket.
Look forward to seeing some pics and reviews once you install it.
Can you ask him just out of interest, if the caliper will fit the uprated FreeSpirits disc (340mm) and floating bracket?

https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/triumph/triumph-street-twin-cup-scrambler-bobber-t100-2016-up-up-grade-floating-front-brake-rotor-kit.html

·
Registered
590 Posts
Can you ask him just out of interest, if the caliper will fit the uprated FreeSpirits disc (340mm) and floating bracket?

Went through this with him a few weeks back, am pretty sure he already does a 6 pot to suit stock mountings, which also fits the free spirits 340 disc with their bracket.
The caliper he is making me does not need the bracket so looks cleaner/uncluttered. Am getting together with him this weekend to see progress.

·
Registered
590 Posts

He makes a 6 pot to fit 310mm discs

With 340mm disc he is making one that fits directly to mounts (no need for additional bracket).
Here is pic of F/S 340 with stock caliper, beringer & stock 310 discs for comparison, 6 pot caliper going on shortly (I hope).

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a visual difference between the old and new !!!!

Thanks for the pics :smile2:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Its not for me, far too expensive. I reckon Trirocket3's mod is the way to go.
I suppose uprated front brake could become an official option in the future as well as perhaps a 900cc Bobber.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any better brake pads option (more aggressive bite) and/or stainless steel brake line in order to improve OEM setup?
Anyone tried this yet?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts