Triumph Bobber Forum banner

Drilled for Seat Adjustment

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Birdy 
#1 ·
Had my seat all the way back, stoll not enough. So I removed seat mount bar, amd noticed what looks like a bolt hole that wasn't drilled open yet. So I did, and seat went back about an inch. Love it.

#5 ·
I haven't got any photos to hand but I've been playing with this a lot. I also drilled the post at the back to go back as far as I can and I also have the handle bar risers from Motone. I then went the complete opposite way and push as far forward as it goes.

I would say the far back approach gives your that really long low stretched out feel and puts more weight on the rear wheel. It certainly has the best attitude about it and makes the bike feel really big.

My 'current' preference is the super far forward set up. I haven't drilled the front as suggested above (? am curious though) but putting a bit more weight towards the front of the bike makes it feel much sportier and better handling but overall smaller and more nippy.

It all depends what you like but I fully recommend getting some tools out and adjust it around to see what you like as it takes 5 mins.

#7 ·
What did you do with the center bolt?

My seat is as far forward as it can be. It is a Corbin seat and it is made a little longer than the stock seats. It is so far forward that I had a difficult time tightening the center bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.