Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold crappy weather so decided to install my Triumph dresser bars. I know some inmates don't care for them but I like them and think they make the BB look even tougher than it already does. These are the OEM dresser bars and I gotta say I'm a little disappointed in the quality, not of the bars themselves but the finish. The finish is a semi rough almost crinkle finish that is about the same consistency as the shell of an M&M candy. The right bar installed fairly easy but the left side required relocating my FIAMM freeway blaster horn. This required making a new mount for the horn and lowering it to make room for the bar. In doing the fit and install of the horn bracket I barely tapped the bar with whatever a couple of times and the finish just chipped off! Sad... Probably wait till I get a few more chips and repaint the bars with the Rustoleum bed liner paint, which is tough as nails. Not real happy with the relocation of the horn either but it will have to do for now. Was hoping to relocate the horn behind the radiator but the blaster is just a bit too big. I'll keep looking for a better spot but as you all know there isn't a whole lot of extra room on the Bobbers.
Anyway, it's mine and I'll own it.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roy. Funny, I just finished reading your thread and had considered those as well. As I still have stock pegs I don't see how they tie in with the full size bars. Your pics show that they really follow the lines of the bike, nice!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi,

Very nice indeed, looks smart.

I just fitted the full size dresser bars last week and they have really grown on me.

Cheerio,

Roy

I don't know but I don't see what your install offers any gain for protection. It may be the angle of the photo. Please post a pic from the front?

Seems you have reversed the install.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
This pic should give you an idea of how the bars look. I'd guess they will protect the fuel tank in case of a "fall".

Chico

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
I must confess,

For me 'dresser' or 'crash' bars are just mostly cosmetic. I have seen too many crashed bikes where such bars have bent back into the engine or tank. I know if a bike falls over they may offer some protection but for me personally I just added mine because I liked the idea and not because I was under any illusion of protection.

Just my sixpence worth.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I must confess,

For me 'dresser' or 'crash' bars are just mostly cosmetic. I have seen too many crashed bikes where such bars have bent back into the engine or tank. I know if a bike falls over they may offer some protection but for me personally I just added mine because I liked the idea and not because I was under any illusion of protection.

Just my sixpence worth.

Cheerio,

Roy

First; I think they look solid on the bobber, I’ve seen several with those stock dressers. I’m going to order the SW Motech. Put those on my Street Twin and really liked the look and finish.

I disagree as far as protection. I’ve seen/known multiple bikes that have gone down with dressers and definitely been better for it. In one case a buddy of mine got hit from the side the dresser saved his leg from getting crushed. Got pushed into a curb, thrown off the bike and a fractured arm, but leg was fine. Depends on the type/severity of the collision of course, but they are definitely more than cosmetic or just for tip overs.

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Hi Jon,

Thanks for that. Always good to read alternative views and experiences. Good to hear your thoughts.

Either way and whatever the motivation, I do like these whether the large or small, I think they do add something to the bike.

They also provide a good mounting point. I have some lights coming which I'm hopeful of mounting on mine.

Cheerio,

Roy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts