Triumph Bobber Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
My booster plug solved all the low rpm issues; I can hold 1600rpm in 6th and gentle acceleration is possible, just about, from there..but I do have some cut up standard pipes on (eBay special, seller called them ‘hot shots’) so not sure if it’s a lucky combination?
Regards brakes, I agree, not sports bike standard, but better than most others and certainly an upgrade on the old sportster I had.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi,

My Bobber has 300 miles on it so will be going for it's first service shortly. I am loving it but have an issue when commuting to work. If in 1st or 2nd gear and trying to cruise at a constant speed in traffic the bike feels 'jumpy'. What I mean is if trying to hold a constant RPM, say 2500, the bike will not cruise but is twitchy with the power coming through not consistently. It is not a massive issue but does make cruising at a constant speed a bit unenjoyable.

Sometimes I pull the clutch in slightly and that makes it better, but I don't really want to be doing that as I'm sure that isn't great for the clutch. I must admit I'm a bit ignorant with motor engines and the such like (could the clutch need adjusting??), but wondered if this is usual for the bike in general or whether the first service will sort it out.

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,
Rob
Someone needs to join the booster plug gang.

Solves this issue, saves alot of clutch feathering.

Change your brake fluid in the bike. I've done this to 2 different bobbers now. Both times made a huge difference to stopping power,

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Also having your chain slack adjusted correctly helps this issue alot. Try this before anything.

Alot of people run them to slack due to you tube videos about bending gear shatfs. Go on the tight side of the parameters, the bobber got zero suspension travel anyway

·
Registered
55 Posts
Me too... my Bobber was awful when I first got it... adjusted the chain, fitted a booster plug, and bought some EBS HH pads... much better all round... one thing I have learned is to be slower on the gearchanges... closing the throttle fully on the changes is infinitely preferable to powershifting which makes the bike lurch...
Another thing I have learned is its a bike for cruising and not thrashing... its a bit like making yer granny run 100 yards... she can do it but she won't like it... had mine up to the ton and TBH I'd not be doing it again in a hurry... just didn't feel stable... well not like my old Thunderbird Sort anyway

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ah right. We OK on the dual carriageway but on the mountain roads in Wales we have speed patrol officers that break that speed habit pretty quickly.

They are called sheep and if they hear your doing over 70mph those fuckers will just walk out infront of you and martyr themselves whilst turning you into a bunch of flowers on the kerbside which the rest of the flock can eat. ☠🐑

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here in Deepest Essex the only sheep we see are in the meat section at Tesco.... potholes now... well thats a different kettle en Poisson... makes a mockery of the limited suspension travel I tells thee... my spine is gonna have the structural integrity of 3lb of mince pretty soon

21 - 30 of 30 Posts