Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna try performing my 1st service on my 2018 Bobber Black. I couldn't find a specific video on my bike so I wondered if this is close enough? Anything weird I need to know before I start?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought a 3/8" drive, 14 flute 65mm oil filter removal tool like this as the filter is not easy to access. Its a simple job, take out the sump bolt, drain the oil, remove the filter. Replace sump bolt (torque to 25Nm) replace the filter tighten to 10Nm. Refill with oil. Ideally get the back wheel uo on an axle stand as its easier to check the level.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bumping this thread since I'm doing my annual service. I took a look at the drain plug and the filter and saw a small bead of oil forming on the bottom of each. Not sure if this is normal.

Also, when I look at the oil level window, where should the oil be? At the level of the two indicators?

·
Registered
90 Posts
'ol timers trick: Get a flathead screwdriver, hammer it into the filter (off center). Instant wrench. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
'ol timers trick: Get a flathead screwdriver, hammer it into the filter (off center). Instant wrench. :)
It might be an old timers trick but very messy when the oil in the filter comes out gushing all over. It's much better to get the right tool like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-2481-76-Millimeter-Heavy-Duty/dp/B007S8LZ6K/ref=sr_1_25?crid=3JT57PDHYJ4RC&keywords=oil+filter+wrench&qid=1569126264&s=hi&sprefix=oil,tools,137&sr=1-25

Autozone has them as well if you're in a hurry.

Chico

1 - 6 of 6 Posts