Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So what is the longest anyone has managed in the saddle in a single day.

I've covered a shade over 600km about 380 miles, on my Bobber in one day, lots of fuel stops, and i was absolutely delighted to get off at the end of the ride.

I have the statement seat and stock bars. I can't help thinking that the stock seat is probably better for distance, but I love the style of the Tan Leather saddle.....

The tiny tank is probably a good idea with the statement seat, because you really do need a break every couple of hours.

Suzanne

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I find the statement great up until around 200km (with a fuel stop in the middle).
After 200kms is when it starts to make its ¨statement¨ and my behind squirms in protest.

But its rare that i do 200km+ with the Bobber and under that range i find the statement seat more supportive and comfy than the OEM.
It does take some getting used to. The first day i had it, i had to stop and rest after 45km or so. But got progressively better after that...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I set out this morning for a 200 mile trip but had to turn around due to cold and high winds. So, 113 miles. Fuel light came on at 111.

You guys are stating some funnies...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have completed several rides ~ 400 miles and find the Bobber to be very comfortable for me (5'8"). I don't mind the fuel stops. How bad is that statement seat? I am looking to purchase one as my next mod

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
I have completed several rides ~ 400 miles and find the Bobber to be very comfortable for me (5'8"). I don't mind the fuel stops. How bad is that statement seat? I am looking to purchase one as my next mod
The seats are easy to change (5 mins+)
The statement looks and feels great, but for longer (200/300km) rides i would put the original seat back on as it has more padding and lets less vibes through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts