Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a ride this morning and stopped at a small country diner for lunch. I sat in a booth where I could watch my bike. One guy - on a bike - almost fell off of his bike looking at mine. Three other guys got out of their pickup and walked around the Bobber for about five minutes. People just like our bikes. :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
1,681 Posts
I find that many people that look at our bikes think that they are extremely custom, like specialty built. Sometimes I just nod....other times I do tell them, nope, it's mostly stock...and they are very surprised.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I find that many people that look at our bikes think that they are extremely custom, like specialty built. Sometimes I just nod....other times I do tell them, nope, it's mostly stock...and they are very surprised.
Yep, same thing in Germany. People always ask how much of what they see is still stock. And then can´t believe it when I say almost all of it... I love this bike! And not only for the looks.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I went for a ride this morning and stopped at a small country diner for lunch. I sat in a booth where I could watch my bike. One guy - on a bike - almost fell off of his bike looking at mine. Three other guys got out of their pickup and walked around the Bobber for about five minutes. People just like our bikes. :grin2:
Yes, people like the Bobber but they aren't buying too many, at least not around here. I was at my local Triumph dealer this morning, had to have the clutch cover gasket replaced due to a leak in my Tiger.
While I was waiting I asked the service manager about how Bobber sales are doing. His answer was "we can't give them away".:crying:

Chico

·
Registered
8 Posts
sad that our motorcycles are more on a dick magnet, and not a pu$$y magnet :x

·
Registered
712 Posts
Before we go overboard let's remember that the original Bobber was the best selling model in Triumph's 115 year history.

Aside from that, I really like that seeing Bobbers "in the wild", as someone hilariously put it, is somewhat rare. That makes them even cooler!

-GPz/Gary

PS: About 30 years ago I worked with one of the first guys who ever got one of those AWESOME [email protected] barbed-wire tattoos around his upper arm. He was SO proud of that unique tat around his muscular biker arm. He showed it to EVERYBODY. Then one of the skinny Honda-riding hillbilly punks in the shop got one too, which really annoyed him. Then another. Then a few chicks started getting them. Ten years later you were legally required to have a barbed wire tattoo around your arm in order to buy a house trailer anywhere in the United States (or to reside in the state of West Virginia past the age of 14). If it weren't for laser tattoo removal, the poor [email protected] that started it all would have chewed his arm off like a muskrat caught in a leghold trap!

Popularity isn't always good.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Some dealers have multiple leftover 2018 models. You can easily get Bobber Blacks for under $11K and standard Bobbers for under $10K.

Life is good for the Cool Kids.

-GPz

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, people like the Bobber but they aren't buying too many, at least not around here. I was at my local Triumph dealer this morning, had to have the clutch cover gasket replaced due to a leak in my Tiger.
While I was waiting I asked the service manager about how Bobber sales are doing. His answer was "we can't give them away".:crying:

Chico
Makes no difference to me. I have mine. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I don't think it matters what happens in the short term. I personally think the Bobber is a modern classic and there are going to be clubs and enthusiasts meeting up and riding these bikes long after we are all gone.

There are few vehicles (cars or bikes) that really inspire an emotional connection these days and the Bobber hit it out of the park from day one. If I were financially wealthy I would have a garage full of them.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Never even thought about others buying a Bobber when I bought mine. Bought it immediately after it was introduced and have never looked back, unless of course, I’ve parked my Bobber behind me ��. When I read it was the most successful model intro Triumph ever had, I was really surprised. I mean, how many riders can only have a single seat, small tank, stripped down ride (at least the way bobbers were way back when and this one was originally designed). No brainer for me and still look at it as if it was the first day I got it. And, so do others, in a sort of enviable way. Sort of like whatever ride you’re on, when you pull up next to a car with a guy and his wife and kids and he furtively looks over with that “wish I had one of those” looks. With the Bobber, I get those looks even from other riders. It just comes down to the fact that sometimes things you desire just aren’t practical enough. Doesn’t mean you wouldn’t if if you could though. We, however, are the lucky ones.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The whole reason I chased one down and bought it, was because there wasn't 10,000 of them with in a 10 sq. mile radius.. It was unique at the time, to say the least, and it has more or less remained that way.

It doesn't seem to matter where I park it, it never fails to draw at least one passer by for a walk around. I have literally had a fellow in a Dodge Challenger chase me down just to shout across two lanes of traffic at a stop light "Nice F#<kin' Bike Man!!". I think my favorite so far though, was a guy walking down the side walk beside me, when I was sitting in traffic, do a double take almost tripping over his own feet, stopped dead in his tracks with his jaw hanging open, and when he noticed me noticing him, gave me a two thumbs up and mouthed "F#<kin A Bubba!" I almost fell over laughing..

In spite of knowing it's selfish, I kind of hope it stays that way.

Sorry Triumph!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts