Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my chain out on my Bobber Black to the gold DID chain. I like the look a lot. Also, I put on the Motone up and over risers. I’m 5’11 and I find these are really nice and give me a better, more comfortable ride. I find tight turns easier with these on for some reason. They are not really noticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
LOVE the gold chain , black and gold are a great combo . What chain lube you using ? I use the Maxima chain wax , as it gives a slight gold look to the chain too and never flings off .

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
You might consider changing the silver mesh to gold, it would complement the chain. I did it on my Bobber, it was an easy process.

Chico

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments everyone. I had my dealer install the chain. Not sure if the lube they use but I will look into that paste. Thanks Ysolo. Lastly, where do you find that mesh?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I purchased the mesh a long time ago for another project and had some left over. I'll search and advise if I can find the source.

Chico

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks for the comments everyone. I had my dealer install the chain. Not sure if the lube they use but I will look into that paste. Thanks Ysolo. Lastly, where do you find that mesh?
Finally got the info on the gold mesh. It's a Pwerbronze product which is a UK company. There is a US distributor in Ann Arbor, MI. Their on line store is at: superbikestore.com. Phone # 734 996 0135.
The item, gold mesh kit # 900-U130-015. It's not cheap. I purchased it in 2007, cost $ 29.95.
I hope this helps those who are detail/anal minded.:laugh:

Chico

1 - 11 of 11 Posts