·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Managed to fit Denali Mini Soundbomb - This just squeezed in between header and crash bar - had to bend supplied bracket first - this will need spraying black in due course. Hopefully horn will not melt in its current position!

Also ordered rear fender luggage rack from squaredeals-ltd.co.uk - see Triumph Bonneville Bobber Solo Rack. 2017on. Shiny Black. for more details. This is much cheaper than buying it direct from bb-speedshop.de
That luggage rack looks great, I just ordered a luggage rack from Fehling in Germany for the Yamaha Bolt. I cant wait to get that installed it will make my 2 days and longer trips so much better, my backpack really starts to dig into my arms after a day of riding

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Has anyone that has installed this horn used a relay?
If no relay and you have just plugged it in with the OEM wiring, have you had any problems?
There must be an extra draw for the louder horn, I dont want to melt wires or burn up my horn button.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ve used this horn on every bike I’ve owned. No relay required. I still need to find a more hidden place for it but right now it’s in the stock location. Maybe after removing the airbox, I can find a new place for it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did any of you guys have issues when installing?
Added one of these today, and I get a ‘click’ only, no horn sound.
I adjusted the tone screw, but this made no difference.
I can only assume I have a defective device.

Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,066 Posts
Problem with having the mouth of the blaster facing forwards is that rain gets forced right into the horn. Mouth facing down is probably the better position. Mind you, I'm a fair weather biker these days anyway

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did any of you guys have issues when installing?
Added one of these today, and I get a ‘click’ only, no horn sound.
I adjusted the tone screw, but this made no difference.
I can only assume I have a defective device.

Any thoughts?
Same thing happened to me. You have to use the thinner bracket that is supplied, not the stock Triumph bracket. It needs to have a bit of give to twist and work right. Solid mounting it keeps the internal mechanism from working correctly. I bent mine 90 degrees, but it does shake a little while riding.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts