Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also stumbled onto this

I checked them out and kind of like the upswept look on a particular style, it appears they have a few offerings for the bobber.

What’s interesting is that the system completely bypasses the cat, i like that idea.

I’ve used this company once before on a track only bike, and never had any issues whatsoever, so might be another option for the masses.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good find Triumphrider...
Im with you on this set up.
Slash cuts are right down my alley.
For 415$ I can afford to have them ceramic coated black!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks a good option, great price and has all the bits needed to fit inc gaskets! Why do others not do this?
And saves us the cost of the decat, I am sure there will be several of these fitted.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I’ve got a Delklevic on my Honda CB750. For the price the fit and finish is very good and they include all the hardware.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I checked them out and kind of like the upswept look on a particular style, it appears they have a few offerings for the bobber. What’s interesting is that the system completely bypasses the cat, i like that idea. I’ve used this company once before on a track only bike, and never had any issues whatsoever, so might be another option for the masses.
Wow, a full system with removable baffles for half the price of V&H slip-ons from a UK company - this looks too good to be true!!! :surprise:

I was always led to believe that straight pipes on the Bobber would never work. That if you got rid of the CAT you had to put an X-pipe in or your mid-range would disappear? But fair play to Delkevic they give you both dyno and noise figures, why don't all aftermarket exhaust firms do that???
However reviews of their exhausts online appear to be varied, everyone likes the noise and thinks they're great value for money but some say the finish isn't great. So I'm really hoping one of our members buys a set and then we'll know for sure. :nerd:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Is there any concern that the two bolted mount points (based on pics) at the exhaust and cylinder aren’t enough? With a cat to x-pipe, the exhaust system is pretty securely attached to the bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I contacted the supplier here in Australia and i'm not overly assured enough to go ahead and buy one yet.

The reply was that as they're fresh in he hasn't sold any, i quote "with baffles in usually gives enough back pressure to keep top end and mid range but you will gain a little more down low" the use of the word usually doesn't fill me with confidence nor does gain a little more down low as this isn't backed up by anything.

I was really looking for reassurance that as the cat or x-pipe is deleted that the motor would run okay more than any power improvement as i like the look of there pipe's but i'll hold off for now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Personally, I would have bought one of these systems as I’ve had good results with previous Delkevics on other bikes, I found they are well made and good support if I needed it. Unfortunately, I had bought a full system prior to knowing of this.

Again, most people I’m finding are de catting their systems anyway, why not simply by pass it, less travel.

·
Registered
604 Posts
@trirocket3 - Any issues you can think of dropping a balance pipe totally on a Bobber?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have arrow headers on my Thruxton R, Verex headers on my bobber & a Meerkat decat on my Speed Twin. I am seriously considering replacing the headers on my bobber with a Meerkat.
The reason is the x-pipe acts as a merge collector producing a scavenging effect which improves the low/mid range grunt making it stronger than a 2-2 system at all but peak rpms
A WELL designed 2-1 system would work well too, but I really do not care for that one sided look.

·
Registered
604 Posts
That's just a 2-2 system, single pipe on each side, no balance pipe

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's just a 2-2 system, single pipe on each side, no balance pipe
Yes I see that, but if you want to lose stock headers the allround performance of a good 2-1 would be better in real world riding,
but they make a bike look unbalanced, so for me the Meerkat is a winner.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the look of the short turned out pipes.
I can’t work out from the pics if they are hollow pipes or if there is an internal part/baffle?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts