Triumph Bobber Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

Registered
Another one is done! I just lose one side of the frame, that worked well. Holy cow she lost a lot of weight! Sorry for the mess.

IMG_3463.JPG

Registered
OK, I left the DB killers off initially BUT they are really loud, much louder than a pair of Zard I had. The Germen are crazier than Italians, LOL. I admit I chickened out and put the DB killers back on this morning 馃槀馃ぃ馃槀馃ぃ. The Delkvic with DB killer is just as loud as the Zard without DB killer, of course, it is an apple to orange comparison as the Delkvic is a full system instead of a slip-on.

BTW, with DB killer, the Delkvic run much cleaner.

Registered
one thing that i forgot to mention with these delkevic's that i thought could have been done differently is that little carbon fiber ring trim piece at the end of the baffle. no matter how i tried to adjust that end cap, those pieces have a slight gap all around the groove where they are seated. so they have a loose not flush fit. not too noticeable, but if you touched them, you could easily spin them. wish they could have done without them.

Attachments

Registered
one thing that i forgot to mention with these delkevic's that i thought could have been done differently is that little carbon fiber ring trim piece at the end of the baffle. no matter how i tried to adjust that end cap, those pieces have a slight gap all around the groove where they are seated. so they have a loose not flush fit. not too noticeable, but if you touched them, you could easily spin them. wish they could have done without them.

Yes, but if we install the tips with the nuts that hold the DB killer point inward, you will have minimal or no gap, I was lucky with no gap on the left side and minimal gap at bottom on the right side.

Registered
Yes, but if we install the tips with the nuts that hold the DB killer point inward, you will have minimal or no gap, I was lucky with no gap on the left side and minimal gap at bottom on the right side.

View attachment 43876 View attachment 43877
i removed the db killers though. maybe keeping them in helps the overall fit of the end caps. but i love the sound without.

Registered
I guess I will resurrect this thread. I鈥檓 thinking about doing This as I love the look. I got rid of my O2 sensors when I added the power commander so I will just plug those holes. My question is do they come in a slightly different length? Or maybe some room for adjustment at the can? My license plate mounts at the axle nut.

Registered
I guess I will resurrect this thread. I鈥檓 thinking about doing This as I love the look. I got rid of my O2 sensors when I added the power commander so I will just plug those holes. My question is do they come in a slightly different length? Or maybe some room for adjustment at the can? My license plate mounts at the axle nut.
Mine came today. I was looking at the axle mounted plate holders and from what I can see, the short bull-nose pipes should be fine. The other short pipes should work if the plate mount has an offset arm like this one.

Registered
In order not to clutter up things with redundant threads (I'm a mod on a gun forum, I know the pain) I'm posting my observations from my first ride with the Delkevic exhaust installed.

I ran the "12 minute tune" this morning before heading out this afternoon. I immediately noticed that the clutch/throttle interaction wasn't as touchy. It was willing to lug a bit rather than stall on take-offs. That's something I've been working on to find the sweet spot of RPMs vs clutch let off for those buttery smooth launches without drama. You know, so it looks like I actually know what I'm doing.

Beyond that, I can't say I noticed any drop off in performance. Of course, I only had 52 miles on it when I headed out so I can't say I know the bike well. The most noticeable difference is the sound. I can hear the bike at speed when I get on it. A very nice growl.

My only concern is the popping on deceleration. I love the way it sounds but I'm concerned that it may be unhealthy for the bike. I'll rely on motorsmiths to set me straight here as I've never been one of you. If it is a problem, I'll have to tackle the remap.

Registered
Got it installed. Pretty easy thanks to the video by OP here. I think it sounds great of course phone recordings don鈥檛 do it justice. It sounds great with a load on it. Sounds awesome on the freeway.

Registered
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Those pops are just expelling aggression. Mine does it on decell and engine is happier when u gas it

Registered
Got it installed. Pretty easy thanks to the video by OP here. I think it sounds great of course phone recordings don鈥檛 do it justice. It sounds great with a load on it. Sounds awesome on the freeway.
View attachment 49435
Are you getting the burble & pop on deceleration? It doesn't bother me and after reading a bunch, it doesn't hurt anything. I could do with a bit less and may buy the DNK tune if I get tired of it.

Registered
Are you getting the burble & pop on deceleration? It doesn't bother me and after reading a bunch, it doesn't hurt anything. I could do with a bit less and may buy the DNK tune if I get tired of it.
No but I have a Power Commander and it was previously tuned for the X pipe and BC turnouts. This is obviously more free flowing but the tune I鈥檝e got is probably pretty close. I may take it back to the Dyno for some fine tuning later but for now it鈥檚 working good

41 - 56 of 56 Posts