Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone had installed and used the delkevic exhaust header without the silencer? Ideally I want to get away from the cat/xpipe so the Delkevic headers seem ideal but I dont like the visual look of the raelly long silencers. I do like the British customs slash cut exhaust exhaust for size and length but these need to be fitted to the xpipe/cat.

Appreciate any help in advance. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey there. Yes I have used just the headers and made some modifications to fit other silencers. It is a straight forward install and works great. They only have one mounting point for them as they only mount to the cylinder.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great Black north you could do that but you need to make a rear brace to the bottom bolt hole like were my panniers are then it would be nice and sturdy. I ran open headers for a bit but they were flopping around too much

·
Registered
758 Posts
Great Black north you could do that but you need to make a rear brace to the bottom bolt hole like were my panniers are then it would be nice and sturdy. I ran open headers for a bit but they were flopping around too much
Umm, yes you are correct, hadn't considered that,, Maybe a custom bracket from the stock frame mount to the pinch bolt of the band clamp you would use to fix the turn out in place?? Just spit ballin' here though, I've never seen the Delkevic's in person..

·
Registered
17 Posts
It is very loud. I love the straight pipe roar. If you don't like that I would get baffles for them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys, if any of you that installed the delkevic pipes and wanted to part ways with the stock setup id be interested in buying or trading as i have a delkevic and want to go a different route. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts