Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
… as the weather gets wet and cold in the winter and my SM isn't going out unless someone has been round the route with paper towel drying up the road... I'm out for a test ride on Friday....

A mate of mine had a Guzzi Norge but it had (ahem) a bit of a tiff with the back end of a car (May have been crash for cash job) and is now looking for a new bike... I managed to persuade him that a Modern Classic would suit him, so it's a T120 ride! Looking forward to it, I'm just keeping him company... He also wants to try a Thruxton R...

I'll keep you all posted...

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, He'll be in the sweetie shop anyway, so who knows? Thanks though...

Reactions: Psychopasta

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the ride turned out a bit different from the plan but was really good... he decided the T120 was the only bike he wanted to ride (he has too many speeding points!), so I had the Thruxton R the whole time...
Started off on country roads and had a stop halfway, and a bit of a chat, and the bike was definitely weaving it's magic... he wanted to do a bit of highway work to check what it was like at the legal limit. So did that except he failed to follow me doing a 180 around a roundabout.

Nevertheless, we caught up, and appeared back at the dealer after an hour. He loved it... Finally believing all the things I'd been telling him about the Triumph Classic "magic"... I believe we will have a new convert to the Triumph fold.

As to the Thruxton R... As most of you know, I had a knee op last year and the old left knee doesn't like being bent less than a right angle... Well, the hour on the R was really comfortable - but I'm very very happy with the SM. The brakes are awesome, the bike seems lower geared than the SM/Bobber so the changing down wasn't quite required so much, but another ace! Brembos were single finger, and the urge to go was really fun.

Roads were a bit mucky with leaves and stuff, so there was no attempt at heavy lean angles, but a lovely afternoon... riding somebody else's bike that I don't then have to clean...

Reactions: eisen77 and Roy

·
Super Moderator
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So he's bought the T120 (well, OK a deposit anyway) and is like a dog with two... err... ummm…

I'll be after the salesman's commission!

Reactions: ysoslo

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Nice read and a very good outcome. I’m sure he’ll be thrilled with the T120 as it’s a great bike.
Glad you enjoyed the Thruxton, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts