Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I thought it might be fun to have a wish-list page where we can say what products we wish were available in the aftermarket. So here goes:

1. Replacement tanks with larger capacity but still with good looks. Should still work with fuel gauge.

2. Heel-and-toe gear changer, footboards, big honkin' brake pedal.

What else?

- Pasta

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great idea!
1. a short rear fender option, that is legal in Germany
2. a smaller tail light option that goes with the legal short rear fender
3. a side-mounted license plate option, that is legal in Germany
4. a slightly bigger headlight that is made for the Bobber

maybe I just have to wait until the guys from Bike Brothers have completed their range of Bobber parts in their shop... ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Forward controls that don't break the bank. Free Spirits are nice, but with installation it's $1,000! Also, more custom seat options that go with the stock pan.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi guys,

I thought it might be fun to have a wish-list page where we can say what products we wish were available in the aftermarket. So here goes:

1. Replacement tanks with larger capacity but still with good looks. Should still work with fuel gauge.

2. Heel-and-toe gear changer, footboards, big honkin' brake pedal.

What else?

- Pasta
Sounds like you need a Harley!
Yours,
Triumph

!!

·
Vendor
522 Posts
What else?
A two-light, dual-color (amber signal, red brake) LED taillight kit for the short rear mudguard.
Basically something similar to the Triumph "multifunction" lamp kit, but with amber signals.
These are already available from Rizoma and Hightech Speed, check out our bobber section. All of our multifunctions have amber turn signals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
These are already available from Rizoma and Hightech Speed, check out our bobber section. All of our multifunctions have amber turn signals.
Hadn't seen the Rizoma Iride until now. Looks like that may be the ticket. Thanks! The Hitechspeed X-Arc is just...ugh. No style.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ah, one more to the list. A flash based tuner for our ECU's (e.g. Power Vision, TuneBoy). Not a fan of piggy backs (PC5, etc.).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great idea!
1. a short rear fender option, that is legal in Germany
2. a smaller tail light option that goes with the legal short rear fender
3. a side-mounted license plate option, that is legal in Germany
4. a slightly bigger headlight that is made for the Bobber
forgot something: 5. something to improve the breaks... that's the frist thing I noticed on my test ride - I don't know much about this topic, but I've heard that dual disc kits are available, although quite expensive... could some aftermarket steel brake lines be of help here?? :confused:

maybe I just have to wait until the guys from Bike Brothers have completed their range of Bobber parts in their shop... ;)
...and they have! rather they will... see http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/129-appearance-modifications/5089-new-parts-bike-brothers-webshop.html#post50145

·
Registered
78 Posts
forgot something: 5. something to improve the breaks... that's the frist thing I noticed on my test ride - I don't know much about this topic, but I've heard that dual disc kits are available, although quite expensive... could some aftermarket steel brake lines be of help here?? :confused:
Or some finger-strengthening exercises! No, seriously, I came from a Bonnie with twin discs and was a bit shocked by the Bobber brakes, but now that I'm used to them (3 fingers where 2 would have been sufficient before), I have managed to trigger the ABS.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good news. Just exchanged emails with the gang at TuneBoy. They have been waiting for the Triumphs to all migrate to the new ECU and will likely start developing their flash tuner sometime in the near future. This will be great as we get more AC options and of course cams. Don't hold your breath, but maybe a year from now we'll have a real alternative.

·
Registered
608 Posts
factory fit blower and 2 bottle NOS kit :)

(ok seriously - alloy wheels - my only real downer are inner tubes)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts