Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those who do their own servicing or do their service at a non-official dealer:

As you know, the service ´key´ cannot be removed from the display by holding/pushing a sequence of buttons & some dealers charge $$´s to hook up the OBD and delete the key if you did not service the bike at their garage.
As i use an independent mechanic, i ordered this tool which is compatible with ALL Triumph bikes and has a range of useful features (including the ability to delete the service key).
I know that there are other FREE OBD interfaces out there, but i always prefer to pay a bit more and have assistance should the need arise.
It is a top quality interface and the only downside is that each one is restricted to a specific VIN number UNLESS you pay for more licenses or the unrestricted dealer version. I purchased the single license version for 70 pounds (around $90)

DealerTool diagnostic access to your ECU, for Triumph, Keihin and Sagem ECUs. Dealer Tool OBD and diagnostic interface for Bobber

·
Registered
459 Posts
:nerd:
merci pour l'information :wink2:

I will have to buy a PC.:wink2:
it does not work with mac :crying:
yes, I know i can install bootcamp but i do not want to >:)

·
Registered
678 Posts

100% with you PFEN

It doesn't work on a Mac and since all my friends are designers none of us has a PC.

Without wishing to start the PC - Mac debate :eek: I couldn't run a PC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a cheap netbook off amazon to use with my bikes and cars - came with windows installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ordered one today. The DealerTool is cheaper than a similar reader I had to buy for my BMW in order to read codes and reset the service notice.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ordered one today. The DealerTool is cheaper than a similar reader I had to buy for my BMW in order to read codes and reset the service notice.
Nice.
You´ll also find post sales support and customer service very good (if you need it).

·
Registered
347 Posts

I am in much the same boat having got sick of Windoze I moved to Mac a few years back. However you can pick up cheap doze laptops with Win 7 these days. I have a spare one just for Th eDealer Tool and a VW scanner I have called vcds. Another annoying thing is there is an excellent app for Android called Torque which works with a bluetooth connector to show rpm, speed, water temp etc. but so far I haven't found anything that works with the iPhone.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know if this works in the US, if the company ships to the US from the UK, or if there us a US company offering this?
I think it would be best to ask them direct. Their email appears on the photo i posted above and they usually respond very quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I think it would be best to ask them direct. Their email appears on the photo i posted above and they usually respond very quickly.
I shot them an email....but also explored their site. Appears the offer the package and worldwide shipping. I assume it would work, but want to be sure.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ordered.....haven't seen a confirmation email yet, maybe it takes a bit from over the pond....
Won’t take long. They are quick to respond.
Don’t forget you’ll have to register the DealerTool once you get it, so it won’t work straight out the box (takes a few hours to receive your user code once you’ve sent them the email request).

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Won’t take long. They are quick to respond.
Don’t forget you’ll have to register the DealerTool once you get it, so it won’t work straight out the box (takes a few hours to receive your user code once you’ve sent them the email request).
Yah, I also read there is not disk now, all software is downloaded.

Can I register multiple personal computers to it or is it one system/license per perchase?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yah, I also read there is not disk now, all software is downloaded.

Can I register multiple personal computers to it or is it one system/license per perchase?
IIRC - it’s your chassis number that you register and not your PC. So it’s license per bike...

·
Registered
116 Posts
YDRC Eisen! (You don't remember correctly:wink2:)

You have to connect Dealertool to the ECU's OBDII connector (under the right side cover) of the bike and read the ECU number with the Dealertool software on the PC. Then you have to email this (5x 6 numbers) code to [email protected]. Within minutes you then get the ECU unlock key (5x 6 numbers) emailed back! Last but not least you have to register your ECU with this unlock key in your Dealertool software. Thats it.

Once you want to register another bike also, you just have to pay for the additional license and to do the registration procedure for the new bike again. Thats it.

Werner Wernersen0:)

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
YDRC Eisen! (You don't remember correctly:wink2:)

You have to connect Dealertool to the ECU's OBDII connector (under the right side cover) of the bike and read the ECU number with the Dealertool software on the PC. Then you have to email this (5x 6 numbers) code to [email protected]. Within minutes you then get the ECU unlock key (5x 6 numbers) emailed back! Last but not least you have to register your ECU with this unlock key in your Dealertool software. Thats it.

Once you want to register another bike also, you just have to pay for the additional license and to do the registration procedure for the new bike again. Thats it.

Werner Wernersen0:)
Thanks for that. That’s exactly the process.
:smile2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts