Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to decide if I want to get a Dart Piranha (or possibly a Classic) flyscreen for a five day trip this summer. I am quite used to naked bikes, even for longer trips, but been wondering if I might appreciate a bit of a windshield for several long days in the saddle.

My main question, for those who have used either the Piranha or the Classic, do you find that it redirects the wind too much into your face? I had heard that once or twice, and yesterday was riding and putting my hand out where the screen would be, and that did seem to be the case. Now, I understand that's FAR from a perfect way to test! But just wondering: Knowing it's a small screen and won't provide anything like full protection, nevertheless do you find that the Piranha helps more or harms more? And relatedly, is the Classic better? (Or worse?) I like the looks of the smaller Piranha but could do the Classic if need be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have the classic flyscreen from Dart would not want to be without it as I commute every day about 25 kms single with some motorway bits. Makes wind pressure more bearable and sound like not really a problem

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the classic flyscreen from Dart would not want to be without it as I commute every day about 25 kms single with some motorway bits. Makes wind pressure more bearable and sound like not really a problem
I have a dart classic. I like the reduced wind on the body, especially when its cold out. But really haven't noticed any real change where my head is concerned. I don't think its redirecting anymore wind up, at least not noticeably anyway.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Personally, I think a windscreen takes away from the Bobber look . . . but that's just me. Besides, I don't ride very fast. :|

The Dart website has quite a few pictures of Bobbers with Dart screens. They look pretty darn good. I might just change my mind. :wink2:

·
Registered
654 Posts
I do a fair amount of highway riding and decided to try the Dart Piranha. I initially installed it high to try and divert air over my head. Found that it just made the wind around my helmet too turbulent. I lowered it all the way to the headlight and now it calms wind on my chest but my head is in the wind. This actually works best for me. It doesn’t look too bad either. It takes all of 5 mins to remove if I want that look.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just put on a Dart screen yesterday. Then I saw that they have it in gunmetal grey. Its eating me up, wondering if the grey would look better.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just put on a Dart screen yesterday. Then I saw that they have it in gunmetal grey. Its eating me up, wondering if the grey would look better.
I went back and forth on it. I like the matte on the gray, but it does seem a little cheap looking in some ways. I may paint it with a stripe or something if I don’t like it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts