Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, thinking of getting a Dart Piranha flyscreen, just to use for longer highway rides. But I am curious, anyone know if the mounting hardware would work on both the standard, small headlight AND the larger 7" headlight that many have converted to (which I may do as well at some point)? Or would I have to get new mountings?

Registered
So, thinking of getting a Dart Piranha flyscreen, just to use for longer highway rides. But I am curious, anyone know if the mounting hardware would work on both the standard, small headlight AND the larger 7" headlight that many have converted to (which I may do as well at some point)? Or would I have to get new mountings?
The mounting for my Dart Classic was fairly snug during assembly with the stock headlight, they look like they use the same mounting hardware. But I have my signals at the top of the forks, for ease of tying down, instead of at the bottom. Having said that, there is only about a half inch gap between the stock headlight bucket and the inside of the flyscreen bracket when it is in the position like in the pictures on the ads. I can take some pictures if you like.

Registered
Took some just because :), in the one with the tape measure behind, the top gradient is mm, and the bottom is 32ths. You can see in the one picture, that the side of the head light bucket took some abuse, getting the brackets in there.

Hope these help.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Took some just because :), in the one with the tape measure behind, the top gradient is mm, and the bottom is 32ths. You can see in the one picture, that the side of the head light bucket took some abuse, getting the brackets in there.

Hope these help.

Thanks! Much appreciated. Seems like it would be a very tight squeeze indeed with a larger headlight...

Registered
Motodemic has a package deal for the Bobber鈥7鈥 side mount headlight, custom brackets, and a Dart Flyscreen.

Not sure if the Flyscreen is any different than Dart鈥檚 other options, but it came in a Dart/Motodemic box. I did a loose install for the Motodemic rep (he wanted pics). I ended up going with a 7鈥 bottom mount and no flyscreen (personal preferences). I鈥檓 working on getting mine listed in the Classifieds if anyone is interested in a good deal on this set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts