Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The discussion regarding the Bobber having a screen fitted is obviously a personal choice. I thought I’d give one a go and fitted the Dart Piranha and was surprised to find that above 70mph it makes a significant difference with wind buffeting reduced.
I don’t think having a screen detracts from the overall appearance of the bike and, as I said it is a personal choice (just like the paint job).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
That paint scheme looks great ! At first I didnt like the look of that screen but youre bike makes it look very cool .I cant go above 60mph without the wind trying to push my helmet up .Great job . Greetings from New York City.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive comments. The screen does make a difference. You don’t get so much buffeting on the head from the wind. At first, I was sceptical but the other day I was doing 90mph and hadn’t realised because wind wasn’t so much of a problem. The screen is the smaller one that Dart do and I don’t think it detracts at all from the look of the bike. I may get the screen made in polished aluminum sometime although I do think the black suits the bike.
And cheers from England.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Incredibly, the tiny screen does make a difference. When I used to ride at 70mph wind became an issue. However, now I can do 80mph plus without noticing it so much. We have to remover that, essentially the bike is a naked bike and wind will be a factor. But, I didn’t notice it so much at 80mph as I did at 70mph.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1960 Bobber your paint job is very, very nice. My compliments.
I have fitted the Dart Classic screen to my Bobber. It transforms riding at fast cruising speed (70+ mph) and definitly reduces fatigue on longer runs. Haven't used it in the rain yet. Its a nice neat screen and the mountings are smart and unobtrusive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts