Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

A huge 'Thank You' to Big Bear for letting me have this seat off him.

From a looks perspective this is just what I want. From a comfort point of view, well it's somewhat early days as yet but I'm optimistic, as the form and width does offer me more support but time will tell.

Loving how it looks though, so wanted to share some pics.

Cheerio,

Roy

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good. What fuel bottle/holder is that? Really clean setup.
Hi and thanks for that.

The fuel can is just a small standard one from REI. The holder? Well believe it or not that is some black rubber kitchen draw liner I just cut to size and then rolled the can up it. My logic was that it would protect the paintwork (hopefully) and also provide a cushion for the zips to pinch down on, thus holding it firmly. Seems to work pretty well. O and as an after thought, If I ever did find myself at the side of the road the rubber mat would double up as something to kneel on as I've got dodgy knees from a previous bike accident.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
119 Posts
Roy, Looks really good! I bought a LaRosa bottle and holder from Revzilla. I like it a lot but am struggling with a place to put it because of my saddle bag and swing arm bag. I could put it where you have yours but when I do it looks like I just have too much stuff on my bike.
Hi Gents,

A huge 'Thank You' to Big Bear for letting me have this seat off him.

From a looks perspective this is just what I want. From a comfort point of view, well it's somewhat early days as yet but I'm optimistic, as the form and width does offer me more support but time will tell.

Loving how it looks though, so wanted to share some pics.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear you on that Steve,

I like the location I've got mine as for one it's easy to fill. But now I have a larger tank I will probably pull mine off for around town riding. I'm leaving it on for the moment as I may have a long trip pending, so likely when I get back I will pull it for the short term. Although I'm still on the fence a little as I get used to the bigger tank.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Also like the boot platforms and "heal tow" addition.. any issues with them dragging in the corners?... that was one thing I disliked about my softail slim..
Hey, is that a "aftermarket" plate relocation mount? If so, where?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also like the boot platforms and "heal tow" addition.. any issues with them dragging in the corners?... that was one thing I disliked about my softail slim..
Hey, is that a "aftermarket" plate relocation mount? If so, where?
Hi Rob,

Thanks for that mate.

No problem with the footboards, although I have to say I ride pretty sedate these days, so not too much of a knee dragger. The side-mounted plate is the Triumph one, works great and love it.

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Gents,

Just wanted to follow up on this thread. Had some time to spend on this seat and I'm loving it.

However I did notice after a couple of rides the 'angle' was not quite right for me, so I pulled the seat and added a couple of large rubber washers to the forward bolt to cant it back a tad. I didn't think it would make much difference but I couldn't have been more wrong. That small change made a huge difference to how it feels.

I wanted to share this just in case it helps anyone regardless of seat type. If you find the angle is not quite perfect for you, try a couple of rubber washers and see if that helps. A little goes a long way:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Gents,

Just wanted to follow up on this thread. Had some time to spend on this seat and I'm loving it.

However I did notice after a couple of rides the 'angle' was not quite right for me, so I pulled the seat and added a couple of large rubber washers to the forward bolt to cant it back a tad. I didn't think it would make much difference but I couldn't have been more wrong. That small change made a huge difference to how it feels.

I wanted to share this just in case it helps anyone regardless of seat type. If you find the angle is not quite perfect for you, try a couple of rubber washers and see if that helps. A little goes a long way:grin2:

Cheerio,

Roy
I have done the same thing with the Corbin , only I tipped the rear up. After riding on that seat , I realized I wasn't being pushed off the back of the bike like I was the Corbin. So I ordered an axle shim and it pitched the rear up a bit. Happy you find it to your liking , it looks great on your bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts