Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
During my last couple of rides I started noticing sort of a "creeking" noise originating from either the forks, or handle bars while coming to a stop. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Even the aftermarket forks squeak. And worse, i had a severe clicking noise too when extending the forks to fully open (holding down the front brake, pushing down and pulling back up towards you).
This was solved my changing the preload in the forks (Matris).
I tried the dealers demo bike (OEM) and it too squeaks and sounds like the fork internals are rubbing inside.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Indeed our forks do squeak. I tried this on another bobber at my dealers with the same result.
I'm going for the Wilbers "no friction" springs upgrade this winter, we'll see if it goes away...

·
Registered
363 Posts
also have the squeaky fork. doesn't bother me too much now, as i only really hear it when parking my bike into a spot and the fork compresses.

earlier post about this problem:

http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/393-suspension-brakes/4113-squeaky-forks.html

still waiting to hear back from dealership about getting it replaced as i mentioned it to them during my initial 500 mile service (which was about 4 months ago), and they actually were stumped on what was causing that noise. one member suggested it may be related to the gators/covers. anyways, the dealership said it wasn't a safety concern so it may take a long time to get authorization to fix it under warranty (if it needs to be replaced).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I have close to 6,000 miles on the bike and really never heard it until this past weekend.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've been wondering over the current first 500 miles on my BB what is squeaking when I'm slowing to a halt or pulling away.

Appears it's my bloody clutch it's coming from !

Any fix ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts