Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
No, but they make sense. Awfully pricey.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Aah, I thought you were talking about the crash bars from Triumph...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am trying to justify it I should get guards or bars or neither and just pay if I crash

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nope, my Bad, managed to get my prices mixed up on my wish list somehow

Engine cases (both Sides) are £265 (colour of your choice), Trumper engine bars are around £120.

But i can attest that a static fall results in a bent mirror and a tank ding, so if the bars touch down well......

The crank case ones won't change that and the triumph bars are again set to protect a good bit higher than the cases, a tank costs a heck of a lot more than the cases.

Reactions: BOBBYP and fminus

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, my Bad, managed to get my prices mixed up on my wish list somehow

Engine cases (both Sides) are £265 (colour of your choice), Trumper engine bars are around £120.

But i can attest that a static fall results in a bent mirror and a tank ding, so if the bars touch down well......

The crank case ones won't change that and the triumph bars are again set to protect a good bit higher than the cases, a tank costs a heck of a lot more than the cases.
Anyone have pics of the bars installed?
Do they come in brushed? Only seen chrome listed so far

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've seen it on the site. I wanted to see if anyone actua lly had them installed

a member posted some pics of his ride with those triumph crash (dresser) bars installed.

http://www.triumphbobberforum.com/forum/601-what-did-you-do-your-triumph-bonneville-bobber-today/2473-new-exhaust-pegs-crash-bars-installed.html

i'm curious how much "protection" these offer in the unfortunate chance that your bike goes down. i'm thinking of getting these, as it looks like they would protect at least the tank from getting dented up. but don't know how "heavy-duty" these things are. especially since they are referred to as "dresser bars" on triumphs site. doesn't give me that much confidence as it just sounds like an accessory for looks. sw-motech has some pretty heavy-duty/beefy crash bars for the t-120s but not sure if they would fit the bobber.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I'm not expecting a huge protection in a big crash, just simple things like a small low side drop/slide. This is my wife's bike :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Black, chrome and graphite.

have a look here

Triumph Configurator
i'm liking these the more i see them. they don't stand out too much as to take away from the beauty of the bobber. plus the old saying about two types of riders, "those that have gone down, and those that will go down." so it's nice to have something to minimize damage. they look like it would be a quick and easy install, but i think i've read somewhere that it isn't as simple as you might think (remove tank, etc.?) - i could be wrong though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
We offer a lower priced option ($129.99 minus your 5% discount) that are full stainless construction. Available in black powdercoat or polished stainless.

Check them out, pictures are on a T120 but they will fit
i like those, thanks for posting! quick question, are they a fairly easy install? (simple bolt on?) (like a few minutes or work?) - i know, i'm lazy.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts