Triumph Bobber Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pics of my mudguard/fender/number plate mods + chainguard, sump plate, tank rack, chrome 7" led headlight & T120 H/bars with bar end indicators.
Not to everyone's taste, I have never been caught up in this 'bobber' thing, the look I am after is a late 40's early 50's Speed Twin, 'go your own way say Triumph'
& I do 0:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
What can you tell me about the bar end indicators, I have always wanted those on my bikes. Also the Triumph name plate on tank, was that a straight fit from a Bonnie, or is that a tank swap
?

Regards,

Skip

·
Registered
94 Posts
The larger headlight is so right, as I have also stated earlier when others have presented their replacement.
I bought a 7" Lucas style from British Racer (britishracer.com - expedite delivery!). Unfortunately is came in black matte so have the local (Taipei) Porsche dealer paint it Jet Black - RAL 9005. Will get it mounted with vintage black brackets when I get back to Oslo in mid-september.
Even though my style is to go for bobbing even further, I like your creativity and you definitely have caught the 50-ies style in a very good way. Kudos to you!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I like your creaativity and it looks really oldschool. I'm curios to see the painted bike. Which colour will it be?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like your creaativity and it looks really oldschool. I'm curios to see the painted bike. Which colour will it be?
Candy apple red with satin lacquer to tone it down on tank,side panels,mudguards,chain guard & fork legs.
Frame, bash plate, mudguard stays & number plate bracket all black with red flake in gloss lacquer, so appears black until bright sun hits it then flake will pop.
(have done this to my thrux R rear springs it is subtle but effective.)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Candy apple red with satin lacquer to tone it down on tank,side panels,mudguards,chain guard & fork legs.
Frame, bash plate, mudguard stays & number plate bracket all black with red flake in gloss lacquer, so appears black until bright sun hits it then flake will pop.
(have done this to my thrux R rear springs it is subtle but effective.)
That makes me even more curious. When can we see pictures?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found this when searching for the bar ends.
Did you ever respond on the install issues for them.
Looking to purchase and install - heard something
about drilling out the ends - to fish wires etc.

Just looking for tips.

Also - what 7" led did you use for the headlight ?

Thanks
D.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Hi @trirocket3,

I love this project, well done.

The more traditional mudguards are the way I want to go with my bike, so I'm excited to see how yours turns out.

I have thought long and hard to to make these but as yet haven't tackled the project. couldn't make a couple of spares could you..:wink2:

Cheerio,

Roy

·
Registered
183 Posts
I found this when searching for the bar ends.
Did you ever respond on the install issues for them.
Looking to purchase and install - heard something
about drilling out the ends - to fish wires etc.

Just looking for tips.

Also - what 7" led did you use for the headlight ?

Thanks
D.
There’s a pressed in bushing inside the handlebar that needs to be drilled so the motogadget bar end lights can sit inside the bars. The motogadget lights use a rubber bushing that expands into the handlebar opening as you turn/tighten the bar end lights in. I suppose you could also not use that rubber bushing on the light and then tap a threaded hole the same pitch as the threaded post/bolt on the lights. After that you need to drill a small hole (I drilled between the risers) to pass the wires thru from the bar end lights. Sorry to jack the thread..but hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 2018 BB needed to have the bushings drilled out. It was an afternoons worth of work. I also just run the wires out through the existing holes near the thumb controls on both sides. Wiring is easy but make sure the drilled out metal is filed down so the wires are safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts