Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this one from By City in Europe, maker of a lot of reasonably priced lids. This is the Roadster Carbon (and therefore, more expensive, about 345 euros) super lightweight, great graphics, very large field of view from face shield and comfortable inside. No speaker cut-outs that I know of. I'd say it's comparable to the Bell Bullitt but, since I didn't ride it, can't tell if it's quieter than the Bullitt (which isn't). It's only available in Europe with an ECE rating, no DOT although IMO, ECE is a more stringent option. Technically, it's not legal in the U.S. Of course, there's always, DOT stickers from eBay :wink2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
It looks almost identical to the Bullitt apart from the lack of forehead vents.
Of course it’s impossible to judge comfort, construction and potential noise without road testing it or relying on reviews.

By the way, Motocard.com have them in stock and ready to ship for 237 euros, so worth visiting their site if you want to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, Motocard.com have them in stock and ready to ship for 237 euros, so worth visiting their site if you want to pull the trigger.
Killer price. But as I’m back in the U.S. right now, the shipping and potential fees might make it considerably more. But, it is a beauty. In the meantime, I’ve ordered an AGV x3000 to help quench my thirst for a retro lid and we’ll see how that goes.

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Congrats! The AGV is a very, very comfortable helmet.
The liner is amongst the best in the current retro range.
Noise and wind control is better than the Bullitt, but not as good as the Eliminator (IMHO)
It’ll make a worthy addition to your collection and I hope you like it as much as I do.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been really interested in the Nexx xg100 but cant find many reviews on it. Anyone know anything? https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nexx-xg100-racer-motordrome-helmet

I just think the green and gold would match perfectly with my bike
A friend had one and found it very tight front to back so definitely try before you buy. It was lovely though and was on my list but having a very large, long-oval head shape was never going to work for me.

I've just pulled the trigger on this though - don't need it and can't yet think of a good way of sneaking it past the missus but it was cheap so I couldn't resist.

Shoei ex Zero

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,352 Posts
Funny, I always wear a size S (55.5/56cm) in helmets and found the Nexx to be slightly generous. It is definitely more roomy than say, a Schuberth C4 Pro (which is nice and tight all around) and also roomier than the Eliminator in the top, rear & crown of the head.
But I guess we all have different shaped heads and no fit can ever be perfect.

·
Registered
515 Posts
A friend had one and found it very tight front to back so definitely try before you buy. It was lovely though and was on my list but having a very large, long-oval head shape was never going to work for me.

I've just pulled the trigger on this though - don't need it and can't yet think of a good way of sneaking it past the missus but it was cheap so I couldn't resist.

I've also got a freakishly oval shaped head apparently -- curious what helmets you've found that work for you.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Shoei ex Zero
Like Shoei lids a lot (I have an RF 1200) and like the looks of the Zero. Might have been in consideration during my search for a retro helmet but, I prefer the practicality and functionality of a visor to goggles (though I’ll admit to loving the goggle look, especially vintage styled ones). Will be interested to hear your review of the Zero after some riding (noise, etc). Congrats on the purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts