Triumph Bobber Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thought of adding a couple of those stick on mini mirrors used for trucks pulling trailers and the like? The idea being to expand the limited view we get with our stock ones? I don't suppose there are convex replacement ones made.

Reactions: GPz

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You can find blind spot (convex) mirrors for motorcycles. I don't feel the need for them because I think I can see okay using what I have. I used blind spot mirrors on my BMW R1200GS but I had all kinds of bags and luggage on that bike and they blocked the view.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like I can either select a view directly behind me, or what's in the next lane to my rear quarter, but not both. I glance-check my rear quarter anyway but would LOVE a wider view. I think stick-on's might look dumb, and I doubt they make any OEM or substitutes...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feel like I need to re-visit this subject. The other day, I made a lane change, and glance-checked over my shoulder after viewing the mirror. During the fraction of a second that I was looking over my shoulder, the car in front of me slammed on his brakes to make a quick turn. I had left a decent "margin of safety" and so it wasn't really a close call, but I did have to move over into the next lane more quickly than planned. Had I been in thick traffic, or had other issues, I may not have been able to have that extra space.

I would really like to find a solution, I think that any time you take both eyes away from forward-facing increases risk. I'm blown away that the factory would make these mirrors without making them a bit convex and with such limited view.
I like the stock mirrors and their positioning. Is there anything other than stick-on mirrors to address this problem? I think stick-on's would look terrible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts